This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kid's Pastor / Elementary Director
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 07/27/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you called to serve in the greater Seattle area?
Then perhaps God is calling you to work at EastLake Community Church (www.eastlakecc.com).
Find out if you’re an ideal candidate by answering these questions for yourself:
• Are you passionate about developing a creative environment to reach kids for Christ, leading an elementary (1st-6th grade) ministry that helps kids engage God’s word and apply it to their lives?
• Can you provide leadership, vision and organization for EVERYTHING kids in a multi-site church setting?
• Do you have experience leading high level leaders and managing staff?
• Can you establish big picture goals, AND see these goals through with execution of details?
• Can you create systems and mobilize volunteers to develop a consistent quality of program on a weekly basis?
• Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
• Can you function on a team where change is rapid and work is evaluated on performance?
• Can you be a self motivated starter who can function productively in a mobile office setting?
• Do you have a high view of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach the un-churched?
• Do you have contagious energy and joy?
• You don't take yourself too seriously
We are looking for a leader who will:
Coordinate Weekly Elementary Services
• Managing the details that go into our weekly services
• Ordering and gathering supplies needed for illustrations, small groups, etc
Manage Early Childhood / Preschool Staff
• Provide leadership to staff overseeing nursery, kids checkin, and preschool areas
• Cast vision, set scoreboards, define big picture goals, and drive expectations
Oversee scheduling and volunteer assimilation
• Organize and maintain the weekly schedule for volunteer leaders to serve
• Will be responsible for new volunteers and helping assimilate them to the team
Lead multiple teams
• Mobilize leaders to lead groups and run the different systems of ministry/service that exist and will be developed through EastLake Elementary Ministry.
• Clearly communicate to volunteers, using various media outlets (email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Mobilize adult Growth Group leaders
• Mobilize adults to lead groups 3 sessions throughout the year
• At EastLake we are not a church WITH growth groups; we are a church OF growth groups.
• A solid calling to the greater Seattle area
• Willingness to live in the area of your site location
• The ability to manage a large and growing kid's ministry
• A passion for the Bible and innovation
• A team player
• Degree, or 'ministry experience' equivalent, in kid's ministry
• A positive attitude
• A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
• A risk taker
• A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the un-churched
• A high commitment to the local church
• The ability to make a 7 year old poop his pants with excitement for a weekend service
• Ready to work hard to see a location grow and build exceptional teams
• Ability / Experience leading and managing staff members
• Expertise in effective kid's ministry programming and systems
• A people magnet that volunteers love to be around
• Willing to do whatever it takes!
• Membership at EastLake Church or at your own home church
• Serve on a volunteer team at EastLake Church or at your own home church
• Faithful history of tithing at Eastlake Church or at your own home church