This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Foothills Alliance Church
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 07/27/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
A MINISTRY DESCRIPTION
THE ULTIMATE PURPOSE
To provide transformative leadership to the youth of Foothills Alliance Church that
inspires and equips students to know Jesus, love their friends and impact their world
with the love of Christ.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
BUILDING A MISSIONAL ENVIRONMENT
1. Prayerfully develop and implement a “Strategic Ministry Plan for Youth at Foothills” - a long-term ministry strategy to purposefully disciple the youth of our church and community.
2. Seek to create an expectant, missional environment – that youth at Foothills is a ministry where lives are redeemed and transformed by the grace of Jesus.
DEVELOPING A LEADERSHIP CULTURE
1. Identify, recruit, and pastor a passionate leadership community including both student and youth leaders.
2. Build and implement a leadership development strategy as a key component of the strategic ministry plan for youth.
TEACHING YOUTH TO FOLLOW CHRIST
1. Compellingly call and challenge youth and their leaders to grow a transforming personal relationship with Jesus.
2. Develop as part of the strategic ministry plan specific goals and objectives relating to the discipling of our youth to know, follow and serve Christ.
ENCOURAGING AND EQUIPPING PARENTS
1. As part of the strategic ministry plan for youth at Foothills, intentionally create opportunities to connect with and equip parents to serve as the primary disciplers of their teens.
2. Embrace and strategize intentional faith at home events as a key component of the strategic ministry plan.
• Work closely with other youth staff in the development of the strategic youth ministry plan.
• Work closely with the children’s ministry team in developing and overseeing the “Jump Start Ministry” for Grade 5 and 6 students.
• Accountable to the Team Lead for Family Ministries.
• Actively engage with fellow pastors and leaders for accountability, encouragement and effectiveness in the overall vision of Foothills Alliance Church.
PREFERABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree in youth ministry or in a related discipline.
• This individual will ideally have vital youth ministry leadership experience or significant lay involvement in a thriving youth ministry.
• An informed awareness of the needs and opportunities facing Canadian youth.
• A track record of effective, transformational leadership in ministry.
• Accreditation with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada will be required if not currently held.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND APTITUDES
• A strong, personal and growing relationship with Christ.
• A personal awareness of spiritual gifts and abilities and how they best serve the development of a thriving youth ministry today.
• Personal purity in word and deed.
• A proven aptitude to analyze a Youth Ministry Program, identifying needs and opportunities, and to develop innovative strategies for mission achievement.
• An affirmed ability to develop and lead ministry teams.
• A deep love for students and a passionate desire to see youth reached and disciple for Christ.
• A personal orientation towards action and transformation.
• The ability to develop creative age-specific programs to fulfill defined goals.
• Self-motivated and achievement focused.
• Physical health and wellness.
• A giving spirit, evidenced in management of personal finances and stewardship.
• A teachable and generous spirit in all dimensions of life.