This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School Pastor
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 07/27/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Church is a contemporary church located in Southern Overland Park, a suburb of the Kansas City metro area. We exist to love Jesus more today than yesterday, love others the way He does, learn more about God and His Word each day, and lead others along this same road. This is our mission "to love, to learn, to lead". In an effort to connect our church family to this mission, we consistently strive to see everyone at Grace grow to love Christ and find a friend to love at Grace, find a place to learn about God and His Word, and find a place to lead, either in a ministry within Grace, or in an outreach outside the walls of Grace.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are seeking a full-time Middle School Ministry Pastor who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Middle School Ministries of Grace Church. This person will build relationships with students in the church, in the community; and between the Youth Ministry and the church at large. They will also provide a framework for communication and teamwork among ministry participants (directors, volunteers, parents and youth).
• Actively participate in the operation of the ministry, including curriculum development, staffing and resource availability
• Share the vision of the Middle School Ministry with the church regularly
• Join a Youth Ministry Network, such as Blue Valley Youthfront Group
• Train and build relationships with ministry volunteers
• Represent the Middle School Ministry in weekly staff and pastoral meetings
• Plan and hold yearly retreats and camps
• Be available if required to assist in teaching
• Ensure that communication to students, volunteers and parents is occurring and effective
• Develop and track annual Ministry Plan and Budget
• Enthusiastically committed to drawing Middle School attendees to Jesus Christ
• Development and implementation of a comprehensive vision and direction for a vibrant and growing Middle School Ministry
• Recruit, train, evaluate, and recognize all paid and volunteer Middle School Ministry Team members
• Coordination with the Children’s Ministry Pastor to ensure seamless transition of children from Children’s Ministry to Middle School Ministry
• Coordination with the High School Pastor on all classes and events
• Bachelor’s degree and three years relevant experience
• A passion for reaching youth in the church and the community
• Excellent planning and relationship skills
• Successful in managing projects to completion
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to cast vision effectively
• Passionate ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of Grace Church.
• Accept and agree with Grace Statement of Faith and member overview.
• Accept, support, and comply with Grace Church doctrine in fulfilling your job duties
• Live a life consistent with Biblical principles and moral standards
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com