This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Central United Methodist Church
Richmond, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 07/24/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
NEW, FULL-TIME ASSOCIATE PASTOR POSITION TO REACH NEW PEOPLE
We want to reach new people for Jesus Christ. Do you? Central United Methodist Church of Richmond, Indiana (800 members), is seeking a full-time associate pastor who will develop new relationships and make new disciples of Jesus Christ with people in our community we do not currently reach. This is a new staff position. The successful candidate will help identify, build relationships, invite, disciple, and shepherd these newcomers with full support from the staff and congregation. Working closely with the Lead Pastor, the Associate Pastor will develop additional worship opportunities that help lead newcomers into God's life-changing presence. The Associate Pastor also will work with staff members and appropriate committees to better reach and disciple newcomers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A passion for reaching and discipling new people for Jesus Christ.
* United Methodist (Wesleyan) doctrine and theology and Christian disciplines.
*A demonstrable ability to plan, develop, begin, and conduct a new worship service to a new people within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
* Be either ordained or a local pastor in the United Methodist Church, or be willing to pursue ordination or licensing in the UMC.
* Experience in church planting or in working with, equipping, and empowering church leaders and volunteers to grow a new congregation.
* A completed or nearly completed seminary degree, preferably with a focus on church planting or church growth is preferred.
* This new position is available now to the right candidate.
* Your application is requested by August 10, 2012.
* Excellent compensation package includes salary along Indiana Conference standards, parsonage (including all utilities), health insurance, pension, and professional expenses.
* Send resume and cover letter to the church contact information.
* Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls, please.