This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Fellowship Community Church
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/24/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Fellowship Community Church’s North Campus, located in the North Market Village Roanoke, VA is accepting resumes and DVD demos for a Contemporary Worship Leader. The position is a part time position, approximately 15-18 hours per week. Position includes playing for 2 Sunday morning worship services (9:15 and 10:45) and one Tuesday or Thursday evening worship team rehearsal. Attendance and participation in weekly staff meetings and monthly worship planning meetings would not be mandatory if other work precludes participation. To find out more about FCC and this opportunity, click here www.fcclife.org/
Ground Rules For Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references
D. Electronic example, i.e. DVD, site link, YouTube, etc., exhibiting candidate’s leadership in worship
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application and send questionnaire after initial screening via E-MAIL ONLY
4. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a telephone interview is requested
5. Search Team will notify candidate when references will be contacted prior to personal interview only
6. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview
Purpose: To provide leadership, direction and teaching for our Sunday morning corporate worship experience and to be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading in developing a continuously growing understanding of the worship of God through the element of music and the arts.
Overseer: Campus Pastor
Hours: 12-15 per week
Personal Walk with Christ
• Demonstrates the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-24) and holds accountable relationships.
• A love for, and pursuit of God and His glory as evidenced by a commitment to ongoing discipleship.
• A commitment to actively share his/her faith journey.
• A commitment to share with our community and world the good news of the Gospel.
• A commitment to and understanding of Biblical worship.
Personal Skill Set
• Managerial, organizational, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Responsive and respectful of authority, other staff members, and team members.
• Work with the campus pastor as he coordinates the purpose and theme for Sunday mornings.
• Assemble set list, charts and any tools to lead the rehearsals in a timely manner.
• Schedule and direct regular rehearsals for the worship teams.
• Assist with preparation of additional worship elements for Sunday services with the Creative Arts Team.
• Work with other Sunday morning service elements and team members (sound, video, drama) for smooth transitions and
• Attend staff meetings as appropriate
• Personal preparation and team preparation spiritually for the Sunday morning experience. Heavy reliance upon prayer.
• Promote engaging worship, not a performance atmosphere. Engage team and congregation to help them encounter the
• Assess and encourage musical and spiritual growth, while creating a cohesive and accountable team who leads the
congregation to participatory worship.
• Develop and mentor musicians and potential worship leadership within the team.
• Support the mission and vision of FCC North Campus.
• Solo-service leading ability, in Sunday or other ministry settings.
• Proficiency in either guitar or keyboard skills. Experience in leading a band and arranging vocal backup.
• Ability to chart music for players and singers, including transposition and arranging capabilities.
• Versatility in playing and leading for both band and acoustic settings as appropriate.
• 2-3 years’ experience in leading corporate worship.