This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children’s Ministry
First Presbyterian - Fort Collins
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 07/23/2012
Categories: Church Staff
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities/Functions of The Director of Children’s Ministries:
1) Sunday School and Children’s Spiritual Development (60%)
a. Provide a weekly Sunday School Program for pre K through 5th grade
that is Christ and Bible centered where children learn about their faith
through Scripture, prayer, music, crafts, drama, and games.
b. Equip and support a team of ministry partners who serve as the
primary relational agents of disciple making within the program.
c. Coordinate and regularly lead the “Word for Young Disciples” in
d. Coordinate monthly Children in Worship experiences.
e. Advise and assist the worship leadership in crafting child friendly
f. Coordinate with the director of Children’s Music both her involvement
in Children’s Ministry and the Children’s participation in worship.
g. Design and implement a program for 4th and 5th graders that addresses
their specific needs.
h. Offer periodic parenting classes that help the home become the
primary place of discipleship.
2) The Nursery (10%)
a. Ensure that paid attendants and ministry partners are assigned and
present to provide care and supervision of children checked into the
b. Equip, supervise and support both paid attendants and ministry
c. Ensure selection and implementation of appropriate curriculum to
bless and nurture the faith of both Children and their attendants.
3) MOPS (10%)
a. Serve as a liaison between the MOPS program and the Center for
Discipleship and Spiritual Formation (DSF).
b. Equip the MOPS steering team, Moppetts teachers, and Mentor Moms.
4) Coordinate the successful implementation of the current schedule of
Special Events: (10%)
a. Operation Christmas Child
b. Advent Family Workshop
c. Family Christmas Eve Worship
d. Easter Family Celebration
e. VBS/Kingdom Connection
f. Quarterly Parents Night Out
5) Other. (10%)
a. Create and equip a general Children’s Ministry team.
b. Ensure the provision of supplies for all aspects of the program.
c. Oversee the Children’s Ministry Budget.
d. Attend Staff, program and center meetings as requested.
e. Communicate through the bulletin, The Messenger (The Church’s
monthly newsletter), the quarterly Children’s Ministry newsletter, the
web site (seek to develop a Children’s Ministry page within the
Church’s website), and other means the vision, programs, etc. of
f. Use and integrate technology throughout the ministry.
Personal Attributes for the Director of Children’s Ministry:
1) Strong commitment to help others connect with Jesus, grow in faith, serve
others, and share the good news.
2) Deep love of children and their families.
3) Thorough understanding of child development, family culture and systems.
4) Positive, encouraging and constructive communicator with children, ministry
partners, families, the congregation, and church leaders.
5) Ability to work as part of a team with other ministries.
6) Strong personal initiative.
7) Strong capacity for organization, managing conflicts, and problem solving.
8) Strong communication skills.
1) A mature and growing faith.
2) Minimum 4 years experience with a Church Children’s Ministry program.
3) A Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited school with degrees in
Christian education, education, and/or child development preferred.