This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Graphic Design Specialist
Christ Community Church
St. Charles, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/02/2012
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Welcome to Christ Community Church a multi-site church with locations in St. Charles, Bartlett, DeKalb and Blackberry Creek, Illinois where our desire is to do the best job possible of Loving God and Loving people. Jesus shared that these are the two most important commands in Scripture.
In order to accomplish our goal, we put great emphasis on four key values. The first is Belonging. Whether you are a spiritual seeker, who is just beginning to investigate a personal relationship with God or a committed follower of Jesus Christ, there is a place for you at Christ Community Church. Although, we are a large church, hundreds of Community Groups offer the opportunity to experience intimate friendships.
A second key value is Growing. You'll find that the Bible is taught here in a way that is relevant to your every-day life. Heart-felt worship, will move you closer to God. Interaction with others, who are pursuing God will stimulate your own spiritual growth.
Serving is a third key value. There are dozens of serving opportunities to become involved with, at Christ Community Church, that will tap the unique gifts and abilities that God has given to you. And beyond our walls, we are serving alongside ministry partners who are reaching out to those that are: poor, unwed mothers, behind bars, elderly and people with needs.
Finally, we are a church that values Reaching. We want to reach out to friends and neighbors who are looking, for a personal relationship with God. And we want our reach to extend around the world, so we are working with partners in places like Bangladesh, Sierra Leone and the Czech Republic.
If Christ Community Church sounds like an exciting place - that's because it is!
We are currently looking to fill the position of GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST - Full Time
The Graphic Design Specialist creates printed and electronic communications/marketing materials to support the internal and external promotion of Christ Community Church’s upcoming events and ongoing ministries.
Responsibilities and requirements:
• Works collaboratively with the Communications Director, Communications Team, and other ministry staff to conceptualize promotional materials such as flyers, ads, brochures, logos, signage, and displays.
• Provides leadership by staying current with trends in technology and improving the use of graphic design to enhance Christ Community Church’s ministries.
• Maintains file structures and digital archive of completed projects in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Effectively communicates with the Communications Team and other internal customers, using all forms of communication (e.g. phone, in-person, and email).
• Recruits, coordinates, and leads the work of the volunteer Graphic Design Team.
• Proficiency in design software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Proficiency in coordinating the printing production process, including expert-level knowledge in printing requirements/techniques such as bleeds, crop marks, color conversions, etc.
• Proven ability to multitask, deliver quality work on deadline, and communicate needs within a team environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or equivalent relevant experience required.
Please note: All applicants must submit digital portfolio (online or pdf) at the time of application.