This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Spanish Ministry Outreach Coordinator
Epworth United Methodist Church
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 07/23/2012
Categories: Missions/Domestic - Outreach
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Epworth United Methodist Church in Gaithersburg, MD (a multilingual/multicultural church of 200 people in 2 English and 1 Spanish Language worship services) is seeking a committed individual with a desire to serve Christ and strengthen the body by outreach to the Spanish speaking community around Epworth .
This is a part time position with funding through December 2013. Strong interest in continuing the position exists, should funding be available in 2014.
Candidates should be committed to Christ first and able to work under the direction of the Senior Pastor. Candidates should be committed to Epworth’s multi-cultural ministry, of which Spanish language is one part. Candidates should be passionate about reaching out to the growing Spanish speaking community and have a true heart for the needs, challenges, and possibilities of the Spanish language community. Candidates should be able to ignite the existing Spanish service members as well as the general church around outreach and connection to local growing Spanish speaking community.
The ideal candidate for this part-time position is a mature Christian, able to work in the United Methodist denomination, with a deep desire to see the Hispanic/Latino community come to know Christ in a personal life changing way and desire to see the Hispanic/Latino community grow and stabilize in the United States.
Candidates should be fully bilingual, possess strong coordinating skills and be excited about working in a bi-lingual multi-cultural environment. Candidates should possess high cross cultural interpersonal skills, clear vision and leadership and flexibility needed to work in a growing/changing environment. Some experience in marketing or publicity would be beneficial.
Spanish Ministry Outreach Coordinator will:
• Work with the Equipo de Acompañamiento Pastoral and the Pastor(s) to grow existing Spanish language part of congregation and better connect with the local community.
• Work with Equipo de Acompañamiento Pastoral to coordinate outreach events designed to serve the local Spanish speaking community and to develop and support targeted Outreach to Families (Health fair, immigration workshops, parenting classes)
• Develop a presence on Spanish Radio
Funds have just been granted to purchase equipment required for recording. Work needs to be done to contact radio stations, determine program, and market.
• Coordinate non-conventional outreach strategies (signage, door to door distribution, water bottle give away outside stores, invite a friend etc.)
• Work w/ Communications Team to develop and distribute effective Spanish language and bilingual communication (Flyers, website, signage, newsletters)
• Maximize our connections and outreach with existing ministries which already bring Spanish speaking community to Epworth so that those ‘served’ by ministries become a part of Epworth
• Provide regular Spanish language office presence several times during the week to greet Spanish speaking visitors, return Spanish language calls of inquiry or need, and provide information about Epworth’s Spanish ministries.
The position is exempt and estimated to be about 15 hours or 2-3 days per week. Salary Range is $10-12,000 annually depending on experience This position requires
• Presence at Sunday morning worship: Spanish language service CAMINO at 12noon or Bilingual shared serviced at 10:30am on first Sundays of the month.
• Relationship with and presence at some of existing outreach ministries which attract Spanish speakers (Thrift Store: 1/3 Saturdays, English language classes Monday and Tuesdays 4:30-6:00 and Computer classes M/T 6:15-7:00, Wednesday Night Hang out/Worship)
• Participation in or connection to the Integration of Church and Community Taskforce which meets once a month.
• Ongoing work with Senior Pastor, Pastor Emeritus and Equipo de Acompañamiento Pastoral.
• Publicized and consistent presence in the office at least two times a week for a few hours.
Interviews will begin after August 15th and continue until the position is filled. Please send resume to: email@example.com attention SPRC.
See www.epworthsteeple.org for more information.