This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Family Ministry
Burlington, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 07/21/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The successful candidate will model a passion for God and families, lead the staff director of student ministries, develop partnerships between the church and parents, oversee a strategy for development of children from birth through college, cast vision to parents, volunteers and students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as primary leader for our ministry to children and their families
• Identify, invite, train, and empower volunteer leaders to be a part of children’s ministry
• Create excellent environments where children are both encouraged and challenged, and where they want to invite friends
• Plan, implement and execute an overall yearly plan of events
• Supervise the Student Ministry Director
• Communicate the overall vision, goals, and strategy of Family Ministry to parents
• Partner with parents to help them realize God’s dream for their child with the goal to produce children who are authentic and enthusiastic disciples of Christ
• Help develop and coordinate short-term classes for parents on topics that will empower them to be the spiritual leaders of their children (1-2 times a year)
• Help develop and coordinate events within Family Ministry that will help families stay connected to Brookwood, provide opportunities for new families to be introduced to Brookwood, and will empower families to impact the community together (1-2 times a year)
Brookwood Church (www.brookwoodchurch.com) has adopted a North Point model for ministry. Brookwood Church has the same mission, strategy, values and beliefs as North Point Community Church but exists as a separate entity. The church is currently remodeling its children’s wing with assistance from architects and designers associated with the Orange & North Point strategies.
Please submit resume and cover letter to michael[at]brookwoodchurch[dot]com