This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ridge Point Community Church
Holland, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/20/2012
Categories: Other Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Ridge Point Community Church exists to be used by God
to intentionally bring lost people to full life in Jesus Christ
Title: Groups Pastor
Reporting Relationships: The Groups Pastor will report to the Executive Pastor. The Student Ministry Pastor, Children’s Ministry Director, and the Groups Coordinator report to the Groups Pastor
Function: Provide dynamic, visionary leadership to empower and equip the small groups and affinity groups to carry out the expression of the local church. Align all adult group ministries in a common direction, consistent with the mission, vision and core values of Ridge Point Church.
Hours: Exempt-Full Time, Exempt employees are generally expected to devote the number of hours necessary to complete their respective tasks. May include weekend and/or possible evening hours
• Passionately communicate vision for discipleship of adults in biblical community
• Develop and implement strategies to continually monitor and improve health of community groups, intentionally growing adults spiritually, relationally, and missionally
• Equip and empower leaders (based on Ephesians 4:11-13) to:
o Plan and implement strategies for group leadership development, apprentice development, and group multiplication
o Evaluate learning needs of group leaders and facilitate training
o Work collaboratively with community care coordinator, missional coordinator, and community teacher within their respective community
o Implement ongoing group evaluation process to spur growth and spiritual maturity.
• Disciple and empower team leaders for mens, womens, and other affinity type groups to align activities with the vision of Ridge Point
• Partner with other staff positions to lead the faith community in greater understanding and participation within Ridge Point to accomplish the vision, mission and core values.
• Partner and oversee the Groups Ministry team
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible
• A passion for people with commitment to enhancing the community experience at Ridge Point
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth
• Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed; humble; exhibits the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-26).
• Genuine servant leader with eagerness to release volunteers and see them succeed
• Effective written and verbal communicator who consistently encourages and supports others
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, evangelism and shepherding
• Excellent interpersonal/relational skills
• Demonstrated willingness to continue learning; teachable spirit, humble, spiritually mature
• Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point’s “Statement of Belief”
• Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employment
• Preferred three years experience in successfully leading small group ministry and children and student ministries in a growing church environment
• Preferred three years of proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate volunteer teams
• B.A. or equivalent experience required; Preferred M.Div.
Application Deadline is Monday, August 27, 2012
Please go to www.ridgepoint.org/employment for application & more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.