Ridge Point Community Church exists to be used by God
to intentionally bring lost people to full life in Jesus Christ
Title: Groups Pastor
Reporting Relationships: The Groups Pastor will report to the Executive Pastor. The Student Ministry Pastor, Children’s Ministry Director, and the Groups Coordinator report to the Groups Pastor
Function: Provide dynamic, visionary leadership to empower and equip the small groups and affinity groups to carry out the expression of the local church. Align all adult group ministries in a common direction, consistent with the mission, vision and core values of Ridge Point Church.
Hours: Exempt-Full Time, Exempt employees are generally expected to devote the number of hours necessary to complete their respective tasks. May include weekend and/or possible evening hours
• Passionately communicate vision for discipleship of adults in biblical community
• Develop and implement strategies to continually monitor and improve health of community groups, intentionally growing adults spiritually, relationally, and missionally
• Equip and empower leaders (based on Ephesians 4:11-13) to:
o Plan and implement strategies for group leadership development, apprentice development, and group multiplication
o Evaluate learning needs of group leaders and facilitate training
o Work collaboratively with community care coordinator, missional coordinator, and community teacher within their respective community
o Implement ongoing group evaluation process to spur growth and spiritual maturity.
• Disciple and empower team leaders for mens, womens, and other affinity type groups to align activities with the vision of Ridge Point
• Partner with other staff positions to lead the faith community in greater understanding and participation within Ridge Point to accomplish the vision, mission and core values.
• Partner and oversee the Groups Ministry team
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible
• A passion for people with commitment to enhancing the community experience at Ridge Point
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth
• Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed; humble; exhibits the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-26).
• Genuine servant leader with eagerness to release volunteers and see them succeed
• Effective written and verbal communicator who consistently encourages and supports others
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, evangelism and shepherding
• Excellent interpersonal/relational skills
• Demonstrated willingness to continue learning; teachable spirit, humble, spiritually mature
• Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point’s “Statement of Belief”
• Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employment
• Preferred three years experience in successfully leading small group ministry and children and student ministries in a growing church environment
• Preferred three years of proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate volunteer teams
• B.A. or equivalent experience required; Preferred M.Div.
Application Deadline is Monday, August 27, 2012
Please go to www.ridgepoint.org/employment for application & more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Ministry/Assimilation & Teaching PastorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
St. Mark's Lutheran Church - Director of High School Ministries/Worship LeaderVanderbloemen Search Group
- Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa
- January 13
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Ridge Point Community Church
We make it our goal to provide opportunities for people to grow by serving others, by learning more about Jesus and by experiencing what it means to love others and be loved by God - to be a group of Jesus' followers who actively engage in activities and practices that reach out to people who do not know Jesus. More...