This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship and Creative Arts
Huntertown United Methodist
Huntertown, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Huntertown United Methodist Church is inviting qualified candidates to apply for a Worship Creative Arts position. HUMC has a God-given vision as a Christ-centered church growing in God’s Word, committed to prayer and healing, nurturing family and serving community. We are looking to extend our worship through the arts for our church community, focusing on the worship experience, not the performances. We have many musically talented and committed adult Praise Team members willing to support the music ministry.
This part-time staff person is expected to continue to grow as a fully devoted follower of Christ in all aspects of his or her life.
The roles and responsibilities of the Director Worship and Music are to:
• Plan and prepare worship services with lead staff team
• Develop and promote the creative vision for worship services
• Lead Worship Praise Band and schedule worship team members for services
• Develop other opportunities for our church community to experience and worship God through the arts
• Work with youth and children’s departments to develop and expose them to the creative arts
• Manage technology for worship services, including video, sound, lighting, and instrumentation
• Lead and collaborate with skilled volunteers within the church to develop multiple forms of worship expression (choirs, bells, bands)
Degreed applicants are encouraged to apply.
Staff Parish Relations Committee