This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth and Young Adult Ministry Director
Huntertown United Methodist
Huntertown, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2012
Categories: Young Adult Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Huntertown United Methodist Church is looking for an individual passionate about guiding our youth and young adult ministries. Our church has a God-given vision proclaiming we are a Christ-centered church growing in God’s Word, committed to prayer and healing, nurturing family and serving community. We are searching for an experienced youth director who is a fully devoted follower of Christ, willing to lead our youth and help them mature to a deeper relationship with Christ. We have many activities to promote spiritual and social fellowship for our youth. These activities include: Sunday morning Community Groups, the Blast, mission trips, service projects, small groups, and fun get-togethers. We also have a growing young adult ministry to meet the spiritual and social needs of our college and young adult community.
The roles and responsibilities of this full time position as Director of Youth Ministries are:
• Provide leadership and direction to the volunteer adults involved in youth ministry
• Develop relational ministry with youth, young adults and families
• Establish a vision for Youth Ministry from confirmation through high school at HUMC with clearly defined milestones
• Establish a vision for Young Adult Ministry at HUMC with clearly defined milestones
• Specify a well-defined program to fulfill the vision with clear ministry objectives and identified volunteer team leaders responsible for executing the program
• Accountable to the Lead Pastor to review goals and activities for fulfilling this ministry
• Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Coordinator on children’s and youth programming
• Be a part of the Lead Staff Team
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, creative, and energetic, with strong organizational skills. Qualified applicants with a four year degree and the ability to relate well with youth, parents and adult volunteers, as well as young adults, are encouraged to apply.
Staff Parish Relations Committee