This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Communications
Door Creek Church
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2012
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Part-Time
Director of Communications (Part-time, up to 30 hours/week, Non-exempt)
To oversee and lead a consistent image and communication of Door Creek Church through a variety of mediums including electronic, print and verbal communication.
Reports to Business Administrator
• Develop a church-wide Communications Plan for the church
• Work with Pastors and Directors to understand their ministry communication needs
• Work with logos and other graphic representations of DCC. This includes the website, email communication, print and other mediums used.
• Use and keep the DCC Style Guide up to date and keep staff current on the use of the Guide.
• Supervise the production of all print media of the church from layout and design to production and distribution plan, including the church’s inspirational magazine (currently distributed three times per year).
• Facilitate education of communication objectives and processes.
• Assist with adhering to standards for content to present a consistent message and image.
• Communicate with Communications Team events and other newsworthy information.
• Cultivate a coherent understanding of DCC’s mission, vision and values to a variety of ministry audiences.
• Perform continuous quality reviews of communication tools (enews, web site(s), etc.) for improvement on content.
• Door Creek Church member/attender who shares our values and vision for ministry and regularly nurtures their own spiritual growth
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
• Ability to multi-task and stay on track with regular interruptions
• Creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, create and maintain systems, and motivate others
• Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong listening skills
• Thorough and detail-oriented in work assignments completed in a timely manner.
• A minimum of three years of experience in the areas of communications, writing, editing, and graphic design.
• Demonstrated computer skills (currently using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe family of graphic products).