This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
San Ynez Valley, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Valley Christian Fellowship is a growing faith community of about 450 located in the Santa Ynez Valley, about 30 miles north of Santa Barbara California. As a church, we are passionate about seeing lives change through biblical teaching, authentic worship, and loving the lost and the broken in our community and beyond. We are an intergenerational church and place a high value on family and raising our teens to know and serve the Lord. If living in an area which does life in community, this just might be your place!
Approximately 100-150 students are being discipled through separate weekly Middle School and High School gatherings, small groups, and relational pursuit. Our youth ministry seeks to create an environment where students can come and learn the Bible, ask questions about life and faith, and develop healthy friendships.
For 7 years our current youth pastor has intentionally challenged our youth to think globally and participate in numerous short term mission opportunities around the world. He is now moving his family to share Christ in Northern India.
We are prepared to demonstrate our support for a new youth pastor with both time and resources. If Valley Christian Fellowship sounds like a community that is in step with your calling, we invite you to send your resume along with your best video sample of your teaching to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the position of Pastor of Students and Families is to develop the youth ministry into a Biblically-centered, relational community of believers committed to being transformed into the image of Christ.
• Passionate follower of Christ who demonstrates spiritual authenticity and Godly character
• Possesses a humble, servant’s heart
• Flexible and Teachable
• Fun, energetic, team player
• Hard working, self motivated
General Responsibilities and Goals:
• Teaches relevant messages which are communicated in a biblically sound, engaging, and creative format.
• Creates curriculum for developing the spiritual life of students and encouraging their growth as disciples of Christ
• Casts and implements the vision and values of VCF within the youth ministry.
• Provides opportunities for students to grow both relationally and spiritually through mid-week Bible studies, monthly activities, and camp experiences.
• Creates opportunities for students to reach their peers for Christ
• Develops a missional mind-set in the hearts of our students and opportunities for them to serve inside and outside the church
• Develops and oversees the youth budget
• Develops benchmarks by which the ministry can be evaluated
• Works collaboratively with all VCF ministries
• Assists in church wide activities as directed by the Senior Pastor such as Baptisms, Communion, and Church wide events.
• Inspires others toward a lifestyle of actively growing with God
• Recruits, leads, trains, coaches and mentors adult and student leaders in the ministry.
• Establishes discipleship relationships with key students, and empowers small group leaders to do the same
• Clearly and effectively communicates with parents and youth
• Provides biblical counsel to individuals and training to parents
• Coordinates and partners with the Children’s Director on a cohesive transitional experience (5th-6th grade) for kids and their parents
The Pastor of Student and Families is under the authority and supervision of the Sr. Pastor.
Send Megan your RESUME AND VIDEO sample now. VCF is eager to get the right fit to care for their students. Maybe that’s you? We are praying! email@example.com