This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Trenholm Road United Methodist Church
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 07/17/2012
Categories: College Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Student Ministries
Trenholm Road United Methodist Church in Columbia, South Carolina is accepting applications for an energetic, highly motivated and creative Christian to be our next Director of Student Ministries.
Do you have a passion and calling for ministry? Do you love working with teens and young adults? Do you have a yearning to help young people grow in their faith? Are you a leader, a team player, and a visionary?
The scope of this position includes ministry to middle school and high school youth, as well as college-age men and women. Additionally, this position will encompass responsibilities related to organizing and leading worship in our contemporary worship service, The Fountain.
Expectations / Responsibilities:
• develop and implement an effective long-range strategy for the spiritual development of students
• provide vision, strategic direction, oversight and energy for all student-related ministries (grades 6-12)
• develop and execute all activities for students including, but not limited to Sunday School, Sunday evening youth group gatherings, midweek gatherings, mission opportunities and other spiritual formation opportunities
• administer and operate our annual Confirmation program for youth
• develop a comprehensive ministry that engages college-age students and involves them into the broader life of our church
• provide leadership in our contemporary worship service; musical ability preferred
• equip, empower and encourage student and adult leaders to become vibrant and dynamic disciples of Jesus Christ
• Some formal education in ministry and/or Wesleyan theology (preference given to B.A. or M.A. in ministry-related field)
• Distinct calling to ministry, especially with youth and young adults
• At least two years verifiable experience in youth ministry leadership, paid or volunteer
• Demonstrated fruitfulness in developing ministry leaders, both youth and adult
• Demonstrated success in identifying and developing ministry tools
• Demonstrated ability to grow a ministry
• High comfort level with media arts, social networking and web technology – able to quickly learn new technologies as they develop and use them effectively
• Experience and proficiency in leading contemporary worship, including selecting music, recruiting musicians, overseeing A/V technology
• Vision-driven Leader – a self-starter who sets a course and brings others along for the journey; is able to articulate vision for ministry and empower others to live it out
• High energy, outgoing and welcoming personality – genuinely enjoys spending time with youth, very comfortable in cross-generational, cross-ethnic, cross-socioeconomic, and cross-racial situations; able to start a conversation with anyone about anything
• Risk-taker – thinks outside the box, isn’t afraid to fail
• Balanced relational and task orientation – sees building relationships and getting things done as two sides of the same coin; can work alone, but thrives working as a part of a team
• Mature – demonstrated long-term success maintaining various life skills like time-management, effective communication, conflict management, prioritizing, Sabbath, continuing education, healthy relationships, etc.
• Vibrant Spirituality – understands ongoing spiritual growth is foundational to fruitful ministry; maintains appropriate disciplines and practices to nurture spiritual health
• Desired Spiritual gifts – apostleship, leadership, evangelism, shepherding, administration
Additional information about Trenholm Road UMC and the Director of Student Ministries is available at www.trumc.org
The Application Process
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three professional references by e-mail in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is an option to include writing samples that specifically relate to your qualifications for the position or a video of your leadership in contemporary worship within the last two years (Youtube/Vimeo videos preferred, but DVDS will also be accepted).
Once your materials have been received and reviewed, you may receive a short questionnaire, which must be completed and returned within 7 days.
For additional information about this position or the application process, contact Reverend Mollie Bame Reddic at 803-254-6695 or email@example.com.