This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christian Child Care Center Director
Our Savior's Way Lutheran Church
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/16/2012
Categories: Christian Education - Christian School
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Open Arms Christian Child Development Center is seeking an Executive Director for our Ashburn, Virginia location.
Open Arms Christian Child Development Center is a ministry of Our Savior's Way Lutheran Church. Our mission is to provide a nurturing and safe environment for the development of children and families in our community through loving, Christ-centered and Bible-based child care and preschool programs. At Open Arms, each child is guided to develop to his/her potential in every aspect of life within the sheltering and nurturing relationships of Christian love. We operate our center assuming that each child is an individual and must be allowed to grow and learn at his/her own rate and to develop a healthy self-image. At Open Arms we help each child grow spiritually, emotionally, physically, socially, and intellectually.
Candidates for this position should meet the following qualifications:
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in the field of early childhood education or child development; preferably a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Program Management,
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary and/or Christian education or an appropriate human service or education field (e.g. psychology, special education, music, social work) with coursework and a solid knowledge of early childhood education and child development and at least three years teaching in a preschool setting
• Possess one year of successful management/supervisory/budget experience in a licensed and nationally accredited early childhood setting
• Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate practice
• Demonstrate experience with staff development, grant writing and community liaison work
• Have experience working with an over-sight board
• Meet the requirements of Program Administrator/Director for the Virginia Department of Social Services and NAEYC Accreditation Criteria
• Have a strong commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Our Savior’s Way Lutheran Church offers comparative salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, please eMail a cover letter and resume to:
43115 Waxpool Road
Ashburn, Virginia 20148