Worship and Production Coordinator
The Chambersburg First Church of God has an incredible opportunity for a highly qualified candidate as we seek God’s will to hire a full-time Worship and Production Coordinator.
Basic Function: The Worship and Production Coordinator will work to enhance 4 different worship styles in 5 different services with music, drama and technology. This includes working with multiple teams to ensure that worship plans fit with the sermon series themes for any given Sunday. It also includes integrating technology such as HD video cameras, post-production video editing, creative slide graphics, lighting and other technical attributes to create professional high-quality services.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him and a lifestyle that reflects a high standard of godliness by behavior, speech, and attitude evident by personal prayer, obedience to the Word of God, and proven ability to discern the Lord's will and guidance in decision-making.
• A staff member who strives to live in such a way as to bring the utmost respect in representing the church
• A visionary who is creative in leading people to God
• A routine financial supporter through regular tithes and offerings
• To ensure worship planning, volunteer manpower, practice, and integrated technology are available for 4 different worship styles for 5 different services each Sunday
• To provide visionary leadership for multiple teams to ensure creative, high-quality worship services are produced each week
• To work with staff members and volunteers to carry out the overall mission and vision of the church
• Proficient in leading and performing both vocally and/or instrumentally in a modern, contemporary worship band
• Ability to supervise several part-time staff members and many, many volunteers in a way that embraces the uniqueness of 4 styles but also unites them as one church
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers
• An in-depth knowledge of professional-grade lighting systems and Digital Multiplexing
• Skilled in the creation of sermon slides and graphic design elements using programs such as Adobe Photoshop
• Skilled in the scheduling, editing, and post-production of videos using top-end HD video cameras and editing programs such as Sony Vegas, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
• Possess relational skills and has an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship
• Skilled in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
• A self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
• Membership in the Chambersburg First Church of God
• This position will report to the Senior Pastor and will be accountable to the Elders
• The performance of the responsibilities will be evaluated by the Senior Pastor and Elders
• Work with teams of volunteers to cover all worship and production roles required to deliver 5 smooth, high-quality services in 4 different styles each Sunday
• Leads, collaborates, and supports part-time worship and production assistant in all aspects as necessary to create team-oriented atmosphere in worship coordination across all services
• Coordinate with staff members and different worship teams on a weekly basis and have the capability to lead worship (if necessary)
• Evaluate worship service and develop new creative ways to express worship
• Recruit, train, develop and encourage volunteers for music and drama roles in ministry – build and groom multiple teams
• Plan and rehearse all aspects of worship services on a weekly basis
• Interview, audition, and rehearse all musical participants in the ministry
• Oversees and supports part-time choir director as necessary to ensure periodic, seasonal cantata productions (Christmas and/or Easter) are done in the highest possible quality
• Oversees and supports various drama team volunteers (director, cast, stage crew, etc.) involved with dramas and/or brief skits that emphasize sermon points and themes
• Edit and post sermon audio and video to the church website on a weekly basis
• Design and update graphics to be posted to the church website
• Create weekly sermon slides and other interactive media for Sunday Morning services
• Coordinate and oversee all technical areas of worship ministry including sound, lighting, and video (see qualifications)
• Recruit and lead volunteer team that will cover all technical aspects to include (but not limited to) IMAG, projection, sound, and video production.
• Assist in technical requirements of weekend worship services and special events
• Schedule teams to cover all technical aspects of services on a regular basis
• Provide support in baptism video testimonies, video podcasts, and other special event-driven videos as needed
• Help maintain equipment that support all technical aspects of the church
• Maintain a detailed calendar for planning purposes as it relates to scheduling volunteers to ensure coverage and communication for multiple teams
• Provide training as needed to ministry volunteers
• Responsible for the appropriate budget line items under the direction of the Senior Pastor and/or Deacons
• Purchase new equipment as needed in accordance with budgetary parameters
• Attend regularly scheduled planning meetings with Senior Pastor
• 4-5 years experience leading worship with 300 in worship attendance
• 2-3 years experience in HD video, editing, lighting
• At least one year of supervisory experience
The Chambersburg First Church of God is located about 1 mile from exit 17 of I-81 in Chambersburg, PA. In 2007 we relocated from the downtown area to a beautiful new church on 24 acres. We had a need to build a larger facility due to our growing attendance that has reached an average of approximately 1000.
We have a total of 7 full time and part time professional and administrative staff. We have many active ministries including 4 styles of worship on Sunday and Family night ministries on Wednesday evenings. These 4 different styles allow us to offer several different contemporary worship services with a modern flair while also offering the traditions that have been common in the last decades. Please visit our website at www.cfcog.cc for more information about our services (Traditions, Celebration, Encounter, and United Worship Experience). There you will find many useful links and pics that will allow you to learn more about what our awesome church has to offer.
To apply for the position, please send each of these items listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org in either WORD or PDF format. Please put only your last name in the subject line of your email so that the committee can sort your email efficiently during our review process. Only applications with the following items completed will be acknowledged and reviewed.
-Cover letter introducing yourself (pictures of self and family highly encouraged but not required)
-Resume, which should address qualifications as completely as possible
-Links to demonstrate your worship and production skills, which will most certainly aid us in reviewing your info
As part of the search committee’s due diligence, rest assured that our goal is to review candidates promptly with additional instructions returning to you within 48 hours of your submission. Thank you for your interest in the Chambersburg First Church of God. We hope that you are as excited about this position as we are.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Contemporary Worship DirectorProvidence Presbyterian Church
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- December 7
Production Coordinator (Youth & Children's Emphasis)Northview Church
- Carmel, Indiana
- December 5
Worship LeaderEsther Baptist Church
- Park Hills, Missouri
- December 5
Minister of Music/Worship Arts DirectorLiberty Christian Center
- Killeen, Texas
- December 4
Worship PastorSouth Hills Church
- Kennewick, Washington
- December 4
Chambersburg First Church of God
CHURCH OVERVIEW The Chambersburg First Church of God is located about 1 mile from exit 17 of I-81 in Chambersburg, PA. In 2007 we relocated from the downtown area to a beautiful new church on 24 acres. We had a need to build a larger facility due to our growing attendance that has reached an average of approximately 1000. We have a total of 7 full time and part time professional and administrative staff. We have many active ministries including 4 styles of worship on Sunday and Family night ministries on Wednesday evenings. These 4 dif More...