This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor/Director of Family Life
Oak Street Baptist Church
Burlington, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2012
Categories: Family Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
OAK STREET BAPTIST CHURCH
JOB DESCRIPTION: PASTOR / DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRY
REPORTS TO: SENIOR PASTOR
The Director of Family Ministry will be dedicated to growing young Christians (children/youth) and strengthening the entire family unit (churched and unchurched). Family ministry means equipping parents with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for the family (Deut 6:1-9) and to create environments where children, youth and parents become thirsty for God (Matt 5:6).
The Pastor / Director of Family Ministry will show the spiritual gifts of evangelism, leadership, teaching and administration. Emphasis will be 75% family ministry and 25% youth.
1. Experience as a pastor or director of student, children or family ministries and/or Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry with significant experience in ministry in one of the three areas listed above.
2. Living a lifestyle that is consistent with the tenets of scripture for Christian leaders (I Tim) and that has a passion for reaching and equipping God’s people to reach the lost for Jesus Christ.
3. Track record in which you led or were a part of a team that created and launched new outreach ministries and/or built/equipped others in reaching the lost for Jesus Christ.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication, aptitude and experience in teaching.
2. Familiar with computers, internet capabilities, Microsoft suite etc.
3. Ability to research the community, utilize demographics etc to reach the lost.
4. Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
1. Model and raise the value of a Christ-centered lifestyle with your family.
2. Create resources to be used in the lives of families so that parents, children and youth are experiencing on-going, life-changing relationships with Jesus Christ.
3. Build a growing Family Ministries team to effectively reach the families of the Burlington area.
4. Be a teacher in Family Life Ministries and work with the Senior Pastor as a partner and collaborator in planning and preparing weekly teaching.
5. As gifted, as the need arises and as time permits be available for other responsibilities that the Senior Pastor/Elders may assign.
6. Strive to be an active member in the life of the church.
Salary minimum to be not less than $30,000 and will be commensurate with experience.
Further information about our church can be found at our website: www.oakstreetchurch.com
Information about the community can be found at www.growburlington.com
Interested candidates should send their resume’ with salary requirements by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions may be directed to Allen Twedt at 319-754-5236 or email at email@example.com