This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
The Church At Rocky Peak
Chatsworth, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director Of Children’s Ministry
To create and lead a first class Children’s Ministry (primarily at our weekend services) to help our kids to grow in their relationship with God and become passionate Christ-followers.
This Position Reports To
The Executive Pastor
•Lead Weekend Services
The Director of Children’s Ministry (DCM) is responsible for creating a great weekend experience that is fun, Word-centered, relevant, relational and life changing.
•Build A Gifted Team
The DCM is responsible for building, leading, and coaching a team of “A” level staff.
The DCM is responsible for designing and implementing effective recruiting strategies for the Children’s Ministry.
•Oversee Misc. Children’s Ministries
The DCM oversees all children’s ministries events including VBS, camps, baptisms, etc.
• To build, lead, and coach a staff team of “A” players who share the vision and values of Rocky Peak and the children’s ministry.
• To create a great weekend experience where kids love coming to church, and are learning how to follow Christ. We want them to learn how to pursue God, love people, serve sacrificially, and share Christ – in age appropriate ways.
• To create high quality weekend programming that is Word-centered, kid friendly, engaging, relational, relevant, and fun. To create a place where kids love to come.
• To develop effective recruitment strategies so that each ministry is fully staffed with gifted volunteers who are growing in their own lives, share our vision and values, and connect well with kids, volunteers, staff, and parents.
• To create a culture of commitment in children’s ministry where volunteers care deeply about the ministry and this shows up in their passion, energy and commitment to serve.
• To create a healthy staff culture where each person is living out our values and loves being part of the team.
• To create a “culture of execution” where each staff member knows his/her role, why it is important, what their specific outcomes are, and is equipped and held accountable to achieve them.
• To create a “culture of excellence” where we are serving our kids, volunteers, and parents well and creating “Raving Fans”.
• To create an annual budget (in conjunction with our Director of Finance) that reflects the strategic priorities of this ministry and to make sure we stay on track throughout the year.
• To develop a dashboard of key performance indicators to measure our effectiveness and inform our strategies.
• To provide effective leadership (counseling, conflict management, prayer, etc.) for the volunteers and parents.
• Spiritual Passion – Someone who is a passionate Christ-follower and is living out our vision and values in his/her own life.
• Great Character – Someone with great integrity, courage, humility and compassion. Someone who is approachable and open to feedback. Someone with a servant spirit and a small ego.
• A Passion For Kids - Someone who loves kids and is passionate about Children’s Ministry. Someone with a proven track record leading a thriving children’s or student ministry in a larger church setting.
• Leadership Intuition – Someone with strong natural leadership intuition in areas like designing programming, building a team, creating environments, recruiting volunteers, developing leaders, creating alignment, solving problems, etc.
• Strategic Thinking – Someone who is gifted at seeing the big picture and identifying the key issues. Someone who recognizes where we are, where we need to go, and how to get there. Someone with strong insights and judgment.
• A Gifted Team Builder – Someone who is able to recognize, attract and build strong teams of “A” level players. Someone who knows how to get the right people on the bus, the right people off the bus, and the right people in the right seats.
• An Excellent Coach – Someone who is able to assess, mentor, encourage, lead, and develop strong leaders.
• A Culture Creator – Someone who can model, communicate, and cultivate our staff culture and values. Someone who can create an environment of deep trust, honest dialogue, and passionate debate.
• Consistent Execution – Someone who is gifted at planning, organizing, scheduling, and executing. Someone who can create a culture of execution.
• Strong People Skills – Someone who is gifted at building healthy relationships and has strong emotional intelligence. Someone who is good at moving towards conflict and resolving it quickly and effectively. Someone who is a good listener and open to feedback.
• A Clear Communicator – Someone who is able to communicate clearly in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings. Someone who knows how to share the right things with the right people at the right time and in the right way.
• A Commitment To Excellence – Someone who loves excellence and knows how to get the best from themselves and others.
• Bright & Quick – Someone who is bright intellectually and able to get things quickly.
• Proactive, Hard Working & Efficient – Someone who works hard, is quick to take initiative, and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• The Right Chemistry – Someone who connects well with our leadership team and shares our vision, values, strategies, and culture. Someone who is casual and collegial. Someone who is outgoing, loves to learn, likes people, and has a great sense of humor.
• Full time: 50-55 hours/week (including church and Life Group attendance)
A Little Background . . .
The Church At Rocky Peak is an evangelical church nestled in the foothills of Chatsworth California on the border of Los Angeles and Ventura counties. Currently, the church has a total attendance of about 2,500 each weekend at our three services.
We are contemporary in worship (Passion; Hillsong United; etc.), practical in teaching, and casual in feel. Presently we have a staff of about 60 people (both full and part time) and a campus of 115 acres.
Our services are designed to help Christ-followers grow to become like Christ. We spend a significant amount of time in both worship and the Word at our weekend services. However, we have a huge heart for the un-churched, so we work really hard at creating an environment that is contemporary in feel, casual in look, and conversational in style. Most of our newcomers are un-churched and are loving it.
We have built the whole church around small groups. They are the hub of the ministry and about 65% of our weekend attendance is plugged in to one of these Life Groups.
Our vision is to “unleash a movement of passionate Christ followers” who are pursuing God, loving others, serving sacrificially with their time, gifts and resources, and sharing the message of Christ with others.
We have three weekend services (one on Saturday night and two on Sunday morning). Right now we are running about 360 kids in our weekend ministry (0-5th grade).
Please send your cover letter and resume to Vicki Winters at email@example.com