This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor/Director
Dayton United Methodist
Dayton, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Directly Supervises: Preschool Director, Daycare Director, Volunteer Age Level Coordinators, Children’s Ministry Team
Status: Full time
The director of children’s ministries will provide passionate leadership and oversight to the children’s ministries of Dayton United Methodist Church (infant- grade 5) and its community. The director will coordinate and encourage ministries that lead children to Know Christ…Grow Faith…and Go Witness. This director will effectively interact with the children, parents, servant leaders and other staff members of to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
• Cultivate an environment that inspires and attracts children to connect to God through Jesus Christ, grow in faith and understanding and develop a heart for service and witness
• Build relationships with parents as partners in their child’s spiritual growth
• Align all ministries and programs with our vision to Know Christ…Grow Faith…Go Witness
• Recruit, empower, and monitor qualified adult servant leaders to assist with vision
• Devote your personal and professional life to being an example of what it means to follow Jesus Christ and walk in His grace
• Proactively plan and execute Children’s programming; if there is a program for the adults, then there is a meaningful program planned for the children. (For example: weekly worship, VBS, special events like Lenten services, missionary conference, etc.)
• Be an advocate for the Children’s Ministry during staff meetings/ calendar coordination/ advertisement and implementation of outreach activities
• As a leader of leaders, recruit, train, supervise and encourage ministry leaders in children’s ministry who build teams of persons serving in direct ministry to children
• Provide coordination and staff support for all children’s ministries, including our Daycare and Preschool, Upward sports ministries, outreach ministries, and camp ministries. A Strong partnership with the Youth Pastor will be essential to help the children transition into young adulthood.
• Properly create an annual budget and effectively manage expenses to accomplish goals
• Continually explore opportunities on how to grow the children’s ministries and capture the children’s hearts to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Develop a discipleship path for children who accept Jesus to grow in their faith.
• Implement a system for tracking children and where they are on their discipleship path.
• Passion and love for Children’s Ministry
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong commitment to the Christian faith and to Wesleyan theology; familiarity with the United Methodist Church structure, mission opportunities, and resources is helpful
• Willing to adhere to the Staff Policies and Statement of Ethics, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and to be faithful to vision, values and mission
• Able to pray, teach, and maintain professional relationships
• This position will call for confident servant leadership and strong organizational skills
COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION (Dayton, Indiana):
• This welcoming community of approximately 1,400 is conveniently located 1 mile from interstate 65 and 5 minutes from Lafayette, IN. You have all the amenities of a college town at your fingertips including Big Ten sporting events through the Purdue University Boilermakers. We are approximately 45 minutes from Indianapolis and a short 2 hour trip to downtown Chicago.
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Resume and cover letter sharing how you came to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and your sense of call to children’s ministry
• Electronic submissions may be sent to Mike Dominick at email@example.com