This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Pastor- Compass Roanoke
Compass Christian Church
Roanoke, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
All resumes should be sent via email to Jeremypeterson@mycompasschurch.com
Children’s Pastor Job Description
The Children Pastor will teach God’s Word to the Children’s Ministry of CCC Roanoke. He has to be a Biblically based and spirit filled man of God, being ordained as a minister of Christ, falling in line with the vision and beliefs of Compass Christian Church. He must be having ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and a continuous desire to learn in order to become a more effective leader of students and volunteers in our ministry. He must have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to teach others effectively. He must apply scripture principles in all areas of ministry and life. This position does not require a college degree in Bible.
Additional duties include managing budget by reviewing and monitoring expense budgets, reviewing cost of work operations, and prepare annual budgets.
• Children’s Ministry of CCC – Roanoke Campus
• Accountable to the Family Life Pastor in the Children’s ministry area as well as the Campus Pastor in Roanoke, who will supervise, encourage and evaluate Children’s Pastor.
• Must be loyal to the CCC staff.
• Have a deep commitment to being a team player and team builder.
• Practice Matthew 18 and show 100% support in all decisions made as a team.
• Be a biblically based and spirit filled man of God, falling in line with the vision and beliefs of Compass Christian Church.
• Have ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and a continuous desire to be learning in order to become a more effective leader of students and volunteers in our ministry.
• Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable).
• Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to teach effectively and apply scripture principles in all areas of ministry.
• Must be of moral and spiritual integrity in all areas of his life.
• Recognizes tithing as a responsibility and give with a joyful heart.
• Teach each week and as often as needed during the week.
• Oversee projects and ministry opportunities Children’s ministry.
• Attend staff Meetings Weekly.
• Assist in planning special events with various ministry teams.
• Personally be involved with the discipleship and evangelism of our church body.
• Practice a daily quiet time with the Lord.
• Commit to the daily habit of prayer and worship.
• Be a humble servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that none of the above is possible without Him being at the center.
Areas of other Responsibility
• Help in recruiting needed Staff members.
• Help in Multi-site planning and execution.
• Hands on care giving through counseling, hospital visits, weddings and funerals.
About Compass Christian Church – Roanoke Campus,
In the fall of 2008 Compass Christian Church launched a campus in Roanoke with 140 adults and 24 kids our first weekend. Fast forward less than 4 years and we are running 300+ on a weekend, with our children’s ministry averaging 85+ weekly, and some weekends 100+ kids in attendance. Compass Christian Church is a growing healthy church which averages around 3600 people each Sunday.
This position is someone who oversees birth - 4th grades on both Sunday morning and Wednesday night. We have had someone doing this on a part-time basis and I can’t even begin to imagine what could be done if we had someone doing this in a full-time capacity.
We need someone who has been a Children's Pastor/Director before who can bring experience to us. Someone who already knows all the basics so that they're not bogged down with learning something new, and instead can focus on growing the ministry and taking it to the next level. I really believe that God has someone outstanding somewhere looking for a challenge and a desire to grow our kids' ministry.
I believe that in hiring someone who can do these things, investing not only into the lives of these kids’ but with the families of these kids as well, would be a huge win for the Roanoke Campus. To this point we’ve been operating with someone in more of an administrative roll and we have the need for someone who cannot only continue to do so but one who can serve in a pastor capacity as well.
This person needs to realize that there is much potential in the current model but ready and willing to help taking this to the next level. We do need them to be creative realizing that we are currently in a portable setting so they must be willing to work that much harder. However, it does give you the opportunity to take a children’s ministry at a campus to the new heights.