This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Gridley, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 08/16/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
Salem Church (www.salemfec.org) is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches ( www.fecministries.org).
The primary communities in which we minister are Flanagan and Gridley , Il. . Residence in either Flanagan or Gridley is required.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, FEC retirement plan, Accountable reimbursement for Education, mileage, and ministry related expenses.
Pay Rate commensurate with Experience and Educatioin.
Description of ministry:
a) Areas of primary responsibility
• Youth ministries
b) Area of secondary responsibility
• Music ministries
Specific responsibilities in area of Youth ministries:
• Give leadership to Youth program, working with volunteer Youth leaders.
• Work with Youth leaders in curriculum and program planning and evaluation.
• Recruit, train and mentor Youth leaders as needed.
• Teach regularly (but not exclusively) in Junior/Senior High Sunday school and Junior/Senior High group meetings.
• Be available to Youth for counseling as needed.
• Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Organize outreach opportunities for Youth groups in the community and beyond.
• Attend and assist in special Youth activities (retreats, mission trips, etc.).
• Be involved in local outreach according to personal passion and gifting.
• Participate in Deacon Board and Church Council meetings as requested by the Deacons.
• Participate in worship services by arrangement with the Senior Pastor.
• Participate in community activities according to interest, family situation and time available.
• Establish a presence in local high schools and in the community (including Salem4Youth) and maintain positive relationships with community leaders.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.
Specific secondary responsibilities in music ministry:
• Assist the Senior Pastor as needed in planning and implementing church music ministries.
• Ability and enthusiasm to ensure the music ministry enhances church ministries.
• Instrumental and vocal skills that allow the person to lead worship and vocal groups.
• The ability to work comfortably with musicians and vocalists at a variety of skill levels.
• Recruitment and nurturing of vocalists and musicians.
• A desire to participate actively and creatively in the music life of the congregation.
• Accountable to the Senior Pastor for day to day ministry activity and decisions.
• Accountable to the Deacon Board for general overview and direction of ministry.
• Grow Salem youth ministry in meaningful ways
• Be mentored by the Senior Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight.
• Attend worship services on a weekly basis and all scheduled staff meetings.
• Set posted and regularly adhered to hours.
• Present annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the pastor and deacon board.
• Participate in a yearly job performance review.
• Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
If you are interested in receiving an application, or would like information on salary/benefits, please contact Debbie Kuerth in the church office at 815-796-2805, ext. 10. Thank you!