- The purpose of this position to lead the staff, ministries and operations of the Church at Rocky Peak in such a way that it leads to the effective execution of our vision - which is to unleash a movement of passionate Christ-followers.
This Position Reports To
- Lead Pastor
Who This Position Works Closely With
- Lead Pastor, Senior Leadership Team, Ministry Directors and Staff
- Lead the Team - The Executive Pastor will lead, coach, and equip the staff to carry out the vision, values, and strategies of Rocky Peak.
- Lead the Ministries - The Executive Pastor will lead and oversee all the ministries in the church in partnership with the Lead Pastor and Senior Leadership team so that all the ministries can thrive and be aligned with our vision, values, and strategies.
- Oversee the Operations - The Executive Pastor will lead and oversee the operational side of the ministry (e.g. facilities, finances, administration, IT, etc.). He will design internal systems and infrastructures that are strategic, effective, and efficient.
- Provide Pastoral Care - The Executive Pastor will provide limited pastoral care in areas like counseling, conflict resolution, church discipline, etc.
- Recruit, lead, coach, and supervise a team of “A” players who share the vision and values of Rocky Peak.
- Oversee an effective strategic planning and management process that identifies primary responsibilities, outcomes and wins for each ministry and team member.
- Ensure a culture of focus and accountability where each team member understands his/her role, responsibilities, outcomes, and wins, and achieves them with excellence.
- Manage a healthy team culture where each staff member is living out the vision and values of Rocky Peak and loves being part of the team.
- Oversee an annual budgeting process (with the Director of Finance) that reflects our strategic priorities and make sure we stay aligned and on track throughout the year.
- Evaluate and improve our operational infrastructure (with the Director of Operations) to strategically support the ministry of the church.
- Ensure all ministries are in alignment with our vision, values, and strategies.
- Manage and refine a dashboard of key performance indicators to measure our effectiveness and inform our strategies.
- Provide authentic and effective pastoral leadership in such a way that people are built up, encouraged, and loved.
- Spiritual Integrity – Someone who is a passionate Christ-follower and who is living out the vision and values of Rocky Peak in his own life. Someone who is pursuing God, listening to the Spirit, and experiencing spiritual transformation.
- Strong Character – Someone with tremendous integrity and is committed to doing the right thing regardless of the cost. Someone with great courage, humility and compassion. Someone who is approachable and open to feedback. Someone who is
motivated more by his love for Christ and others than by personal gain, recognition, or ego. Someone with a strong marriage and family.
- Leadership Intuition – Someone with strong natural leadership instincts when it comes to building teams, developing leaders, mental modeling, making tough calls, moving towards conflict, recognizing misalignment, creating solutions, etc.
- A Strategic Thinker – Someone who is gifted at seeing the big picture - where we are, where we need to go, and how to get there. Someone who is bright and has great insight, intuition and judgment. Someone who is quick
to recognize organizational misalignment and knows how to fix it. Someone who is a creative problem solver and a systems architect.
- A Gifted Team Builder – Someone who is able to discover, recognize, attract, and build strong teams of “A” level players. Someone who knows how to get the right people on the bus, the right people off the bus, and the right people in the right seats.
- An Excellent Coach – Someone who is able to assess, mentor, lead, encourage, and develop strong leaders. Someone who is gifted at reading people and assessing their strengths and motivations. Someone who can create an
environment of honesty, trust, and passionate debate.
- A Culture Creator – Someone who lives, models, communicates, and cultivates our team values and culture.
- Consistent Execution – Someone who is gifted at strategizing, planning, organizing, scheduling, and executing. Someone who can create a culture of execution.
- Excellent People Skills – Someone who is gifted at reading and relating to others. Someone with strong emotional intelligence (empathy, intuition, discernment, etc.). Someone who is good at moving toward conflict and resolving it quickly and effectively. Someone who is a good listener, open to feedback, and not defensive.
- A Clear Communicator – Someone who can communicate clearly and effectively one on one, in small group settings, and in larger group settings. Someone who knows how to share the right things, with the right people, at the right time, and in the right way.
- A Commitment To Excellence – Someone who is committed to excellence and knows how to get the best from himself and others.
- Proactive, Hard Working, and Effective– Someone who is quick to take initiative, has a strong work ethic, and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Someone who can multitask and is quick and efficient. Someone who combines
a bias for action with the ability to listen and wait on the Holy Spirit for direction.
- The Right Chemistry – Someone who connects well with our leadership team and loves our vision, values, strategies, and culture. Someone who loves to work in teams. Someone who loves to learn and is passionate about growing both personally and professionally. Someone who is casual and collegial. Someone who is outgoing, loves people, and has a great sense of humor.
- Strong Ministry Experience – Someone with a strong ministry background that will bring credibility, experience, insight, and expertise to this position. Someone who is up to date on national and international ministry trends.
- Financial Wisdom – Someone with a natural gift for seeing the big picture when it comes to the financial side of the ministry.
- Full time: 50-55 hours/week (including church and Life Group attendance)
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume with position title Executive Pastor clearly indicated to:
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Connections PastorImagine Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- May 24
Executive Pastor/Director of Multi-Site LocationsBethany Community Church
- Seattle, Washington
- May 22
Executive DirectorMotivational Productions
- Garden Ridge, Texas
- May 20
Senior PastorImmanuel Baptist Church
- Woodside, New York
- May 20
PastorBerlin Christian Fellowship
- Berlin, Ohio
- May 18