This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Business Administration Director
Grace Community Church
North Liberty, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2012
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Business Administration Director
Reports To: Vocational Elders / Executive Pastor
The Business Administration Director will oversee the finances, legal matters, and upkeep and maintenance of the buildings and grounds for Grace Community Church.
This position works together with the other staff and ministry leadership to provide administrative and operational leadership to be able to fulfill Grace Community’s vision and mission. This staffed position includes duties pertaining to four main areas: administration, financial, personnel and facilities
1. Administrative Responsibilities
• Maintaining legal standing for church and future satellite locations and church plants
• Read, analyze, and interpret financial and legal documents
• Oversee HR policies and benefits
• Ensuring church’s compliance with state and federal regulations, tax laws, non-profit organizational laws, and copyright law
• Communication with outside institutions connected to the church
2. Financial Responsibilities
• Financial reporting, analysis, and projection to Executive Elders
• Preparation of the annual budget and the administration of the budget
• Recording expenditures
• Recording charitable contributions
3. Personnel Responsibilities
• Working with Elders concerning staff benefits
• Evaluate insurance benefits annually
• Maintaining the Employee Handbook
4. Facilities Responsibilities
• Oversee the scheduling of the church facilities use
• Form teams and oversee teams to maintain the building and grounds
• Recommend and oversee improvements to building and grounds
• Ensure all equipment is properly maintained
• Work with facilities deacons
• Actively involved in overall life of the church so as to maintain contact and build relationships
• Any additional tasks as assigned by the elders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian life style
• Ability to shepherd volunteers
• Organization, administrative, and leadership skills
• Ability to motivate and empower facilities volunteers and deacons
• Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Emphasis on business administration with experience in church or non-profit setting.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Exhibits a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit as evidenced in his personal life, his family relationships, and his ministry. He nurtures his inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God in prayer and Bible study.
• The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
• Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems are important. Regular office hours are expected and should be approved with the Executive Elder team. Work hours will average 40-50 hours per week.
• The ideal candidate should be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
• Overall this position is expected to be an effective model in leading, loving and mobilizing from their home. I Tim 3. Titus 1
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply