This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bridgeway Community Church
Rockford, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
BridgeWay is a growing, young church in a suburban area with a passion to reconnect the church with the community. Our mission is to turn spiritually hungry people into fully devoted followers of Christ. This associate pastor position requires a leader able to teach, loves people, able to recruit and develop volunteers, and gifted in administration. The primary responsibility is to assist the Senior Pastor in the areas of discipleship, community life (small groups), and pastoral counseling. This position requires someone who is able to work in a team, self led, hardworking, and flexible.
1) Community Life through House Churches
BridgeWay desires for everyone to have a place where they are fully known and fully loved. This happens best in in House Churches (small groups) where people are challenged in their walk with Christ and provides for accountability, fellowship, and discipleship.
- Recruit new leaders by developing relationships and providing training.
- Assimilate people into groups by creating opportunities for people to enter into community life.
- Create and maintain a database of current groups and members.
- Oversee resource library and promote curriculum to groups.
- Develop 2 "Campaign Events" per year.
2) Discipleship through Sunday Morning Classes and Enrichment Seminars
BridgeWay desires for everyone to be growing closer to Christ by deep study of the bible and practice of spiritual disciplines. BridgeWay University has been a successful way to offer a sunday morning learning environment of seminars on various topics. We've also done various enrichment seminars for marriage, parenting, and prayer.
- Develop a program of classes and seminars that support the mission of the church
- Create a measurement tool (like 'Move' by Willow Creek) for anyone to assess their spiritual walk and next steps.
- Work with the Senior Pastor on programming sermon series to cast vision for discipleship process as a year long journey for the community.
- Teach classes on spiritual gifts and assimilate people into areas of service within the church/community.
3) Pastoral Care
The Associate Pastor would help shepherd the congregation and support the Senior Pastor with all pastoral duties. This is a pastoral position, and the candidate must be able to counsel, perform weddings, funerals, and be available for all crisis care situations.
BridgeWay currently meets in a school and sets up/tears down each Sunday. We have been given a building that we are currently in the process of renovating for our future church home. The new facility sits on 17 acres of the beautiful Rogue River and is an incredible testimony of God's favor on our church. The facility has been donated and the Federal EPA has performed over $200k in environmental clean up. As we move into that facility it is expected that the church will grow with new families. The Associate Pastor must be adaptable to take on new responsibilities as the move occurs. The next season for BridgeWay is exciting, and also a lot of blood, sweat, and prayers. Please do not apply if you do not like a challenge or the hard work associated with moving, capital campaigns, office demo/remodel, and lots of volunteer church team involvement. We have a unique opportunity for God to make an impact on our community as we "Rebuild Life on the River" and see people see their own lives changed by the grace of Jesus.
Send a cover letter and resume with a picture of yourself/family to email@example.com and wait for the team to contact you. Please do not send your info or email correspondence through the ChurchStaffing website, we will not be checking it. Preference will be given to local, instate candidates that do not require a relocation package. The position does include full health/retirement benefits and a housing allowance. The salary above is a starting range of $38-42k. This position will definitely provide career advancement and increased compensation as performance dictates.