This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Director of Children’s Ministry
East Minster Presbyterian Church
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 07/05/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Children’s Ministry Director
Date: April 2012
The Associate Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for providing pastoral and strategic leadership in support of Eastminster’s Vision Statement in Children’s Ministry. The Associate Director is to faithfully pursue intimacy with Jesus Christ, obeying His commands and modeling a lifestyle that clearly reflects biblical standards and principles. The Children’s Ministry position requires working closely with children, parents and other ministry leaders. This individual is a member of the executive staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Help provide strategic leadership to the Children’s Ministry Committee.
2. Creatively engage with children and their families and help them be and make disciples.
3. Engage with parents to equip them as the primary moral and spiritual leaders of their children through various programs and events.
4. Plan, evaluate, and execute in coordination with the Children’s Ministry Director new or existing strategies and curriculum to help transform children to become Christ followers. Initiatives may include developing puppet/drama team and a kid’s worship team, growing the use of technology in ministry, assisting with children’s Bible studies.
5. Help plan/implement age appropriate activities that promote fellowship, fun, faith development, deepening discipleship and spiritual growth.
6. Develop and implement programs to disciple, connect, and reach out to our children and their friends through Sunday, mid-week and summer programs.
7. Recruit, train and disciple youth and adult volunteers involved in Children’s Ministry.
8. Maintain regularly scheduled office hours as directed by the Children’s Ministry Director and for accessibility to children, parents, staff and congregation.
1. Assist in mentoring and leadership development for the Children’s Ministry Interns and volunteers.
2. Assist in a performance evaluation for the Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
3. Assist in developing the Session budget for all Children’s Ministry accounts to ensure good stewardship and proper allocation of financial resources.
4. Execute the activities of the Children’s Ministry within the annual allotted budget.
• Bachelors degree
• Compatibility with the theology, practices, and policies of Eastminster Presbyterian Church
• Ability to give strategic leadership
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
• Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible
• Ability to work with staff in other core commitments to unify the church body
• Ability to teach God’s Word
• Ability to supervise and mentor volunteers and interns
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and present one’s self professionally at all times
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employee is expected to follow any instructions and perform other related duties as may be required including responding to crisis events. Sundays and some evenings are required.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and statement of faith to Kim Case at firstname.lastname@example.org.