This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Family Ministries
Waters Edge Church
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 07/05/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Waters Edge Church, Virginia is currently looking for a new team member to join our Executive Management Team in the position of Director of Family Ministries. If you’re a natural born leader with previous ministry experience and if you would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast-growing nine-year-old church with three campuses and over 3,000 in attendance, this position might be for you!
Desired Skills: Are You…
• A people person who is able to plan, organize, train, and supervise program and event leaders including both volunteers and paid staff?
• Experienced in working within a contemporary, innovative, and outsider-focused church?
• Excited about leading, managing, and casting vision to large teams of volunteers and staff?
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and written?
• Extremely adept at managing your time?
• Loyal, dedicated, and able to commit long-term to the vision, strategy, and core values of Waters Edge Church?
• A person who takes pride in excellence and is always willing to go the extra mile?
• Creative, innovative, proactive, resourceful and an effective problem solver?
• In love with the local church and desire to be a part of making decisions and setting direction for the church as a whole?
Position Expectations: You Will Be…
• Actively involved in the overall leadership, strategy, and direction of the church.
• Providing specific oversight of ministries aimed at families of students, preschoolers, and kids through planning, coordinating, and evaluating programs and activities that support the vision of the church.
• Responsible for leading, recruiting, training, and caring for teams of paid staff and volunteers who make up the Waters Edge Students, Preschoolers, and Kids Teams.
• Working under the leadership of and partnering with the Lead Pastor to fulfill the vision of Waters Edge Church.
• Working to develop and enhance Family Ministries to include curriculum, marketing, budgeting, and environment-specific programming.
• Ensuring that Family Ministries has a consistent culture among the campuses.
• Overseeing and providing vision to experiences and special events that pertain to students, preschoolers, and kids.
• Developing a sustainable ministry that incorporates students, preschoolers, and kids into the overall life and mission of the church.
• Overseeing age-appropriate, relevant Sunday worship experiences for preschoolers and kids including both a large group production and small group discussion.
• Required to work at all weekend worship experiences, all worship experiences on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership.
• Providing consistent evaluation of the Family Ministry staff team to include job performance, satisfaction, culture representation, and budget use.
• Constantly creating, critiquing, and improving processes and programs.
• Working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members on our Executive Management Team.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! Please submit your resume along with a recent photo to Katie Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, please visit: www.watersedgechurch.net. No phone calls please.