This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Media
Hermitage Hills Baptist church
Hermitage, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 06/30/2012
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hermitage Hills is a church seeking to see life change through a relationship with Jesus Christ. We are one church in 3 locations with a focus on making disciples through Worship, LifeGroups, and a commitment to missions. Our Pastor has been here over 11 years.
Director of Media Job Description:
1. Develop, maintain and expand a robust Media/Technology Ministry providing leadership development, vision casting, proposals for projects and upgrades, and oversight of processes and procedures.
2. The Director of Technology/Media has overall responsibility for the sound, video, lighting and media aspects of our weekend services at all campuses, as well as other special events with the goal of reaching a high degree of quality in all areas.
3. Recruit, train and coordinate a pool of audio/visual volunteers to serve at all worship services, campuses, venues, and special events. This includes volunteers serving as sound and lighting technicians, IMAG, media presentation, and those video-taping and recording of services. While expertise in audio and lighting issues is a must for this position, the emphasis is on empowering others to develop their skills, not doing everything yourself. The Director of Media should fully staff the needed positions and then be prepared to fill in, train, and troubleshoot when necessary.
4. Develop and supervise and all part time technical/media staff.
5. Maintain, purchase, and coordinate installation of technical related equipment including audio, video, lighting, and multimedia equipment, in all equipped worship venues, control rooms, and rehearsal spaces.
6. Responsible for development and oversight of the annual technical/medial budget.
7. Assist and be a resource for staff members and volunteer leaders with day to day technical needs.
8. Coordinate and work in the planning and production of videos, graphics, and other creative elements to enhance the worship experience, sermon presentations, and the promotion of church ministries and events.
9. Be a part of the creative and production team for all worship services, special events, concerts, etc
1. At least 2 years experience on staff of church with over 500 worship attendance.
2. Thorough knowledge, experience, and a high personal ability to operate and train others to operate digital sound boards and equipment, video production and equipment, lighting design and equipment, and media presentation software and equipment.
3. A college or technical school degree.