MinisterSearch (www.MinisterSearch.com) is very pleased to present an opportunity for Student Ministry (6th-12th Grades) candidates at a people-loving, “come as you are,” grace-filled church in a great city that is just outside of Houston. This church, with almost 4000 in weekly attendance, has an informal, casual atmosphere, and is really devoted to their Middle and High School students.
Just a short drive to Houston, this city is large enough to have all the amenities, but small enough to have a community feel. It is a friendly town rich in Texas History and Western Culture. Dating from Stephen F. Austin's settlement on the banks of an historic river, this city welcomes you to enjoy its rich history and friendly, helpful people, as well as a safe environment, affordable living and all the modern amenities that you could ever want--in short, a great place to minister and to live. The local school district offers superior learning opportunities, combining excellent teachers, and progressive education theory and practice, as well as a state-of-the-art technology plan.
A huge opportunity is here to reach 6th - 12th grade students--there are 6 very large high schools with a total of 18,000 students and at least that many Middle School students that feed into these high schools--all within 10 miles of the church. And, to make room for their burgeoning Middle and High School student ministry, the church is building a new student building--15,000 square feet! What a great opportunity for the right person to come in to!!
If you are energetic, love students, want to be invested in the present and eternal lives of our young people, are creative, and have a real desire to meet kids “where they are” and demonstrate God’s love to them, as well as having a degree and at least 3 years’ student ministry experience at a church of at least 1500, then you might be just the right person for this position.
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this Position, forward an email with Subject: JOB #1619 POSITION:STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR--that includes a cover email and your resume in word.doc format to Resumes@MinisterSearch.com.
POSITION TITLE: STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR (MS&HS)
LOCATION: VERY CLOSE TO SUBURBAN HOUSTON
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
• Committed walk with Christ; spiritual maturity
• A lot of connecting with students in Grades 6-12 and their activities
• Passionate about family-focused student ministry
• Someone who believes in students and their ability to influence their peers
• Possesses a servant’s heart and leadership style
• Identify, mentor, and develop leaders--students and adult volunteers
• Take the vision of the church and create a vision for student ministry that supports/falls within the church’s vision
• Develop a program that appeals to students in all ways-- environmentally, relationally, and spiritually
• Recruit, lead, and train leaders so they can go out and connect with kids
• Be involved daily with students by calling, interacting, attending their school and extracurricular activities, meeting with them during the week
• Plan, organize, oversee, and participate in events, “get togethers,” retreats, camps, etc.--want lots of activity
• Connect with the kids, connect with parents, and connect kids with their parents
• Be on campus with kids regularly
• Maintain a safe environment, including, but not limited to, requiring background checks of all volunteer workers, avoiding dangerous activities, and ensuring that liability release forms for students are completed
• Serve as Minister on call every 8-10 weeks for a 24-hour period
• Attend and participate in staff meetings
• Exhibit a life of spiritually maturity
• Have a real love for ministering to students in Middle and High School and being invested in their lives
• Stability/solid/not flighty
• Ability to draw Christian and unchurched students as well as adult leaders and staff into meaningful relationships with himself and others
• Excellent organizational skills
• Come to the table with thoughtful ideas
• Must relate well with a diverse groups of students—at all places in their faith, as well as non-believers—need someone who can “hang” with all types and personalities of youth
• Must be able to lead leaders
• Have a desire to and be out there with the kids participating--not a spectator
• Someone who can commit a lot of time
• Be casual, fun, hip, while maintaining a mature connection with the students
• Create a relaxed, fun, attractive, accepting environment that the students want to be a part of
• Relate to students on their level; not too “churchy” or academic
• Ability and experience to recruit, develop, and empower adult and student leaders
• High level of energy and eagerness
• Ability to be creative in all areas of student ministry
• Must come up with their own ideas and present them to leadership versus being told what to do
• Must oversee and conduct the student ministry so that you instill confidence in and credibility with parents
• Ability to appropriately respond to disruptive or dangerous behavior by students
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a growing Student Ministry in a church of at least 1500 in attendance
• Experience leading a ministry with at least 150 students or have been a part of a ministry with a minimum of 250 students
• A 4-year degree from a college/university
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this Position, forward an email with Subject: JOB #1619 POSITION: STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR--that includes a cover email and your resume in word.doc format to Resumes@MinisterSearch.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Pastor (11726)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southeastern US, South Carolina
- December 5
Church of the Revelation - Youth PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Bronx, New York
- December 5
Worship and/or YouthNorthlake Church
- Lago Vista, Texas
- December 5
Youth and Family PastorCicero Christian Church
- Cicero, Indiana
- December 5
Student Ministries PastorCommunity Church of Hendersonville
- Hendersonville, Tennessee
- December 3
MinisterSearch is the most successful church staff search firm in the United States. Over the years, we have worked with thousands of pastoral staff as they’ve pursued God’s calling in their ministries. With years of church staff experience, our consultants understand the relational aspects of ministry. We know the challenges you face when trying to determine your next steps in ministry.
Our role is to help you determine what the best position for you is. Sometimes, we recommend candidates stay exactly wher More...