This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Westlake Hills Presbyterian Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Children’s Ministry: Westlake Hills Presbyterian Church.
With the mission to invite people into God’s larger story as we follow Christ together, WHPC is a family-centered, missional church of over 2,000 members located in West Austin. Continuing a legacy of working with families to disciple children to Christ, we are looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry (infants - 5th grade); a full-time position with benefits. We are an inter-generational community of faith bound by our history, joined in our commitment to Jesus, led to be the love of Christ on earth to our neighbors both in Austin and around the world.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
• A person of deep Christian faith and a passionate love for Jesus Christ
• A person with gifts and passion for teaching children about God’s unfailing love
• A solid working knowledge of Scripture and ability to teach Biblically-based curriculum
• Evidence of service-oriented leadership, strong initiative, and clear administrative ability
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Demonstrates ability to lead, inspire, and supervise people, as well as the ability to develop strategy and vision for the Children’s Ministry
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Graduate degree in Christian Education or Children’s Education is preferred
• Experience in the field is also desired
The annual salary of this position is commensurate with education and experience. Compensation package includes major medical, death and disability, and three weeks annual vacation. Pension after 3 years of full-time employment.
For more information, visit www.whpc.org or contact email@example.com