POSITION TITLE CHILDREN’S PASTOR/DIRECTOR
LOCATION KNOXVILLE AREA, TN
SALARY RANGE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
MinisterSearch (www.MinisterSearch.com) is excited to present an opportunity for Children's Pastor / Director candidates at a fun, high-energy church of
more than 400 in attendance, located in the Knoxville area of Tennessee.
In addition to a friendly staff and membership, this church is serious about relationships. They love Jesus and work as a team to see people come to faith and to walk with them as a disciple. They work hard and have lots of fun. It is important to them to foster relational environments in every area of ministry.
The city where this great church is located is just 10 minutes from the airport, and only 15 minutes away from downtown Knoxville--a great suburb that is just far enough away from the 'busyness' of the big city, but close enough to offer all the amenities you want and need. Also, they are only 20 minutes away from the Smoky Mountains. Can you say "beautiful view and surroundings"?
The community is known for their outstanding school system, which is consistently rated in the top 10 in the state. And, to top it off, the high school football team has won the state tournament the last 10 years. Football is huge in this town--in fact, one of their high school games will even be featured on ESPN this year. So, in addition to being a great place to make a difference in children’s lives, the church location offers a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
In addition to loving children and having a real desire to see them grow up knowing the love of Christ, the right person for this position will have a degree from a four-year university and will have at least 1 year of experience in a Children’s Ministry with demonstrable success in developing, building, and growing the ministry.
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this Position, forward an email to Resumes@MinisterSearch.com with Subject: JOB #1618 POSITION: CHILDREN’S PASTOR/DIRECTOR--that includes a cover email and your resume in word.doc format.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
• The Children’s Pastor will coordinate with the staff of the church to partner with parents to develop children into mature disciples of Christ
• Champion the vision of partnering with parents and ensure the ministries of the church align
• Oversee and coordinate Preschool (birth-5 years) and Children’s ministry (K-5)
• Develop curriculum and programming for Preschool, Children’s Worship and small groups for Sunday morning
• Create worship environments (sets/décor) to coordinate with series
• Develop and lead Sunday program areas: drama, music, large group teacher, small group leaders, and any other volunteers needed
• Recruit and equip volunteers as small group leaders, music, and skit ministry
• Provide training and support for small group leaders
• Oversee appropriate communication and ministry to parents of children as we seek to partner with families. Insure that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed in the department
• Maintain good communication with volunteers and with pastoral team
• Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
• Keep regular office hours
• Responsible and report to the Lead Pastor
• Possess a strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus
• Must have a heart, passion, and love for children
• Be committed to values and vision of the church, i.e. "Developing mature disciples of Christ in relational environments"
• Have the ability to enable and empower others to carry out the work of the ministry and be supportive of their efforts
• Be a self-starter-—someone who is self-motivated and can continue to get the job done, even during difficult times or when doing thankless tasks
• Possess the ability to relate well to children, Small Group Leaders, and parents
• Be supportive of other church staff and volunteers
• Exhibit a Christ-like attitude in words and actions
• Must be team-oriented--someone who is able to work with a large team of volunteers
• Need excellent organization skills, including being able to plan months in advance
• Must be honest, open and transparent, accepting/nonjudgmental, trustworthy, and truthful
• Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills
• A 4-year degree is required
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a Children’s Ministry with demonstrable success in developing, building, and growing the ministry
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications. If you do and are interested in applying for this Position, forward an email to Resumes@MinisterSearch.com with Subject: JOB #1618 POSITION: CHILDREN’S PASTOR/DIRECTOR --that includes a cover email and your resume in word.doc format.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorJourney of Grace
- Nashville, Tennessee
- December 10
Director of Children's MinistryColonial Church
- Edina, Minnesota
- December 10
Director of Children and Family MinistryMinisterSearch
- Houston, Texas
- December 9
Director of Children's Ministry (11742)The Shepherd's Staff
- Mid Atlantic, Maryland
- December 5
Children's Ministry DirectorFindlay EFC
- Findlay, Ohio
- December 5
MinisterSearch is the most successful church staff search firm in the United States. Over the years, we have worked with thousands of pastoral staff as they’ve pursued God’s calling in their ministries. With years of church staff experience, our consultants understand the relational aspects of ministry. We know the challenges you face when trying to determine your next steps in ministry.
Our role is to help you determine what the best position for you is. Sometimes, we recommend candidates stay exactly wher More...