This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship Ministries
Bothell, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Provide leadership of worship for all Services and groups as directed. Give direction with regard to platform and sanctuary preparations for weekly services. Assist with coordination of special services, rentals, CPCS events and productions.
Essential Expectations and Functions
1. Discerning spirit, teachable spirit, humble spirit
2. Spiritually engaged and developing as a believer
3. Select Songs for services
4. Select, train and schedule rhythm section and vocal worship teams
5. Rehearse and audition rhythm section and worship teams
6. Proven leadership and respect from musicians
7. Provide leadership to sound personnel & equipment
8. Work with choir and productions director on special Sunday music
9. Maintain and responsible for platform setup, functionality and safety
10. Excellent social and communication skills
11. Fundamental music skills & competencies
12. Skill in rehearsing a rhythm section & vocalists
13. Act as a coordinating liaison for events utilizing the sanctuary
14. Meet with staff and members of worship team regularly, for assistance or clarification of role and responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Ethics - Treats people and conversations with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time: Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Theology and Lifestyle Standards
Believe, support and practice the fundamental truth of the Assemblies of God as described here http://www.cedarpark.org/about/doctrine
Be familiar with, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Cedar Park Church and Christian School as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith and the Cedar Park Employee Handbook statement.