This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministries Pastor
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 06/20/2012
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Village Church’s mission is to see people transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus. In two and a
half short years, we have grown from a church of 50 people to over 1,200 people meeting in two
locations. We are humbled and excited by the work we have seen God do over the past few years.
We are looking for a pastor to lead and oversee Children’s Ministry (Nursery - Grade 4) and Youth
Ministry (Junior and Senior High). Village Church has two part-time Children’s Ministry Directors who
work to execute the Children’s Ministry week to week, including events and an annual summer camps.
Junior High and Senior High ministries have competent high-function lay-leaders. The Families Pastor
would be responsible to oversee and lead these staff and volunteers to ensure a gospel-centered,
quality ministry to young families and kids.
The Families Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and is responsible for the development of all Children’s
Ministry and Youth Ministry teams within the church at large (which includes both campuses). He is
responsible for training and shepherding leaders, staff, volunteers, children and their parents.
• Three years minimum experience as pastor or key lay leader within a local church
• Theological aptitude
• Fulfill the duties required of Village Church members as outlined in the membership covenant
• Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures
• Philosophical alignment with church leadership
• Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders
• Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness
• Committed to continued development of self
Knowledge and Skills
• A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders, and
• Pastoral heart
• Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel
• Entrepreneurial aptitude
• Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing
• Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and
outside the churchDuties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all staff and teams who execute weekend Village Kids and Village Youth Ministries at
both campuses and services.
• Select and help implement Village Kids and Village Youth curriculum at both campuses
• Help identify, and train leaders for Village Kids and Village Youth
• Oversee and be responsible for all Village Kids and Village Youth events and meetings
• Ensure the spiritual care of the kids and youth of Village Church
• Conduct regular meetings with Village Kids staff and train volunteer teams as needed
• Plan and budget for Village Kids and Village Youth ministries
• Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd all volunteers
• Care and counsel children, youth and parents (ie. hospital visits, counseling meetings, etc.)
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, plus Sunday responsibilities
Hours: 40 – 50 hours per week
Vacation: Starting at three weeks floating vacation, plus one week at Christmas ?
Benefits: Medical Services Plan, Dental, Extended Health, Life, Group RRSP