This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Byram, Mississippi, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
At Lakeshore, the Youth Pastor serves in a vital position within the church staff. This individual must possess a love and passion for Youth Ministry that is born out of their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The calling to this ministry must be clear and evident in their life. Professionally, this individual will need to possess giftedness where youth are naturally drawn to the Pastor's Leadership and a heart for the ministry that can be extreme with hours and circumstances. We believe that this generation is the metal and future of the church and the kingdom and we must be effective and efficient in this ministry. Personally, this individually is to have a deep love for Christ and desire to excel for Him. We do believe that this position is for an individual that God has already prepared and is leading.
THE POSITION: Primary Responsibilities
1. Oversee all Youth related ministries. These ministries will target all middle school and high school age groups. The pastor will also be responsible for creating and managing college age ministries as well.
2. Create Worship and Instruction Environments for the Youth on Sunday, Wednesday, and other scheduled events.
3. Be a Leader where youth have confidence and respect and be available at all times for the needs that arise in the lives of youth.
4. Raise up leaders within the Youth Group where "ownership" of the ministry can happen within the youth, and not just the church.
5. Will recruit, train and lead Youth Workers who will volunteer through our "Cross of Service" Ministry. These workers will look to the Youth Pastor for leadership within this ministry.
6. Be able to lead a Middle School Pastor, who at present is a part time, paid position.
7. Participate in Weekly Staff Meeting where Mission and Planning are established.
8. Will be expected to produce and maintain an Annual Budget which will be the framework by which the ministry will run financially.
9. As a member of the staff, the Youth Pastor should always be available to help and assist other Pastors where this behavior is also reciprocated.
10. Presentation of self and ministry should be glorifying to Christ and represent the church well.
THE PERSON: Qualifications
Experience: All levels are Negotiable because of the Nature - 3+ Years preferred
Education: Preferably a B.A. in Ministry, emphasis in Youth Ministry, but Experience Equivalent will be considered
Leading: The Youth Pastor will lead the Youth Ministry, Middle School Pastor, and Volunteer Youth Workers.
Staples of the Person:
1. Passionate follower of Christ personally and professionally
2. Be a self-starter and self-motivated
3. Aspire to raise up others and share ministry with other talented individuals
4. Be able to Lead and have others naturally follow
5. Be able to work in conjunction with the Staff on any activities, and
6. If married, have a spouse that is in complete agreement with the calling and a commitment to ministry.
Age: Lakeshore has been in existence for 52 years
Attendance: average attendance of 550/600 in Worship
Staff: Senior, Executive, Youth, Care, and Children's Pastor on Staff
Relocation: 7 years ago
Day Care: "Blessed Beginnings" on Site - average of 75 children in the day care
Youth Ministry: The Church has had a full time Youth Pastor for over 25 years, but Part time would be considered
Vision for Youth Ministry: At Present, over $100,000 has been raised for a youth facility to be constructed on the church campus, primarily used for Senior High and Junior High Ministry
Budget for Youth Ministry: At Present, nearly $30,000 is committed annually for Youth
Compensation: Will be based on Experience level, to include benefits
Affiliation: Congregational Methodist Denomination - Wesleyan teachings
Vision for Ministry: We embrace a Three Cross Concept of Ministry -
The Cross of Salvation, The Cross of Separation, and the Cross of Service