This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Family Ministry and Education
Woodridge Community Church
New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 06/18/2012
Categories: Christian Education - Family Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Family Ministry and Education
• Position is Full Time
We recognize that God has called parents to have the primary responsibility of teaching their children the Gospel and that the church’s role is to come alongside parents, joining them in the training of their children in the Christian faith and practice.
As a result of this biblical mandate we embrace the “Family-Equipping” model of Family Ministry. “The entire congregation is to share responsibility to move our children and our youth toward spiritual maturity. The church and family work together to set spiritual milestones to move children and youth toward mature Christian adulthood.
We base our approach on four biblical convictions:
1. God has called parents to serve as primary disciplers of their children.
2. The church is responsible to look after ‘spiritual orphans’ while passionately seeking to disciple their parents. The church must have something for the single mom and dad. There must be a conscious process for taking care of children whose parents are not present or not involved.
3. Where God’s kingdom makes itself present, generations are drawn together, not driven apart.
4. What you do for Christ beyond your home will typically never be greater than what you practice with Christ within your home.” (source: Tyler Kenney)
What does Gospel ministry to our children and youth look like?
• You acknowledge that the family has the primarily responsibility of discipleship. So we need to preach this responsibility and mention it in our new member classes and equip parents to disciple their children.
• We as a church hold the parents, especially the Christian fathers, accountable for the discipling of the families.
• You will provide opportunities for the family to do ministry together (i.e. taking a mission trip together where the fathers end up leading their own families).
• We proclaim the Gospel every Sunday morning connecting our children and youth with Jesus through Sunday morning corporate worship and age appropriate teaching.
• We as a church challenge and encourage young people to grow to be more like Jesus through a community of other Gospel-centered young people and leaders.
• Equipping young people to impact their family, the church, their neighborhood and city with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
• You must be experienced in providing biblical counsel to children, youth and parents.
1. The Pastor of Family Ministry and Education will supervise and oversee many and varied Christian Education ministries of the church, especially those dealing with infants through high school age youth. It is expected that this person will develop and lead ministers from within the congregation to use their gifts, talents, and energy to carry out the ministries.
These ministries may include, and are not limited to:
Children’s Sunday school
Oversee Youth Group Leaders
Vacation Bible School
Family Christian Education Opportunities
2. Evidence competencies in these areas of ministry and ministry oversight.
3. Must meet the biblical requirements for an Elder.
4. Able to develop and manage budgets.
5. The Pastor of Family Ministry and Education will engage in other general pastoral responsibilities, especially related to the areas of family, children, youth and education.
6. The Pastor of Family Ministry and Education will subscribe without reservation to the church’s Statement of Faith and Church Covenant.
Please no phone contact rather email your resume and any questions to Pastor Tom Doidge at email@example.com. Visit our web site at woodridge.cc for more detail about the church.
The candidate we are looking for must have 5 to 10 years experience specific to the areas outlined in the posting above.to be considered.