This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music & Arts
West Point Baptist Church
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
Date Posted: 06/15/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Other
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Our Mission Statement: (Why We Exist As a Church)
"West Point exists to impact our community with the love of Christ in a culturally relevant manner in order to make more and better disciples."
Our Vision Statement: (What We Are Trying To Accomplish)
"Our vision is to create opportunities for the Pine Belt, Mississippi, and the world to MEET GOD, MAKE FRIENDS, AND MATURE IN CHRIST."
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Music & Arts Coordinator is responsible for implementing and overseeing Music & Arts for all worship services and evangelistic efforts of the church. They must see music and arts as a vital part of worship and strive to create a spiritual, musical, and artistic experience for the congregation.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
1. Lead regular Music & Arts staff meetings with team leaders.
2. Assist the Worship Pastor in leading choirs, musicians, drama, dance, and other arts ministries in choosing appropriate music selections, arranging and selecting special music and artistic presentations regularly, and producing dynamic worship experiences.
3. Consistent leading of the congregation into God's presence through music and arts.
4. Rehearse and prepare choirs for ministry each week.
5. Lead a weekly walk-through of worship service and any special services.
6. Uplift, pray for, and minister to all involved in the music and arts ministry.
1. Experience in Church Music preferred
2. Experienced musicianship
Personal Qualities Desired:
1. Gracious and positive spirit
2. Flexibility and ability to collaborate with others
3. Open and honest communication skills
4. Punctuality and organization skills
5. Passion for music and Christianity
6. Aspirations for growth and new visions for the music and arts ministry