This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship Arts
Community Bible Church
Brighton, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/15/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Community Bible Church
Pastor of Worship Arts Position Description
Position Objective: To shepherd the people of Community Bible Church into meaningful corporate worship of and response to our triune God, helping us be “lost in wonder and love and praise,” pointing our hearts and minds towards Christ so that God’s love compels us to do good works and share Good News.
1. To model spiritual health and maturity in speech, life, love, faith, and purity;
2. To pray for the people and ministries of Community Bible Church;
3. To serve as a member of the pastoral leadership team;
4. In conjunction with the Sr. Pastor, to plan and lead the corporate worship services;
5. In conjunction with the Sr. Pastor, to identify a vision for worship arts and create strategies, ministry programs, etc. that will move the Worship Arts ministry towards accomplishing its vision.
6. To develop and/or improve non-musical aspects of corporate worship (video, drama, art, etc.)
7. To provide pastoral leadership and care for Worship Arts ministry participants and as needed within the church family.
8. To ensure excellence in all aspects of audio, visual, and other technical elements of corporate worship;
9. To oversee the ministry and performance of the Media Arts Assistant;
Recruiting & Equipping
1. To directly and indirectly recruit a willing and enthusiastic staff of volunteer leaders;
2. To inspire, encourage, train, and develop others to minister within the Worship Arts department.
1. To be a continual learner in his areas of primary responsibility.
2. To work with the Creative Communication team.
3. To partner with other staff pastors to develop worship leaders for individual ministry corporate gatherings.
4. To perform weddings and funerals for the Community Bible Church family as directed by the Senior Pastor.
The Pastor of Worship Arts reports to the Senior Pastor.