This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Youth Pastor
Christ's Church of the Valley
Peoria, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Christ's Church of the Valley is one of the largest and fastest growing churches in America. We are a church that is dedicated to WIN people to Christ, TRAIN believers to become disciples and SEND disciples to impact the world. CCV is one church in many locations, with campuses in Peoria, Surprise and Scottsdale Arizona. CCV currently has one of the largest youth groups in the country with over 850 weekly 9th-12th grade students and 125 volunteer youth coaches.
The High School Youth Pastor will support the mission of CCV by providing excellence in the development and implementation of our High School Ministries. This Pastor will be responsible for the students and coaches within our fast-paced, growing program and will serve on the Peoria campus where services meet each Sunday night. This Pastor’s main focus will be on 11th & 12th grade, with 350 weekly students and 55 volunteers. As CCV continues to add sites across the Valley, the High School Youth Pastor will assist in developing a team to bring the Youth Ministry experience to each new campus.
Essential Job Functions
• Oversees the execution of all Youth Ministry functions, including:
o Weekend program planning, communication and execution
o Curriculum development and message preparation
o Event planning, coordination and execution
o Weekly Small Group Leadership including curriculum & coach development
o Coordination of the Student Volunteer Ministry (MOVE)
o Teaching of the Youth Starting Point Class to connect new students to the ministry and to making a decision for Christ to be baptized
o Transitional leadership – moving kids from grade level to grade level effectively
• New Campus Ministry Development – helping to establish student ministries on each new campus.
The High School Pastor will oversee and have responsibility for the High School Ministry Staff and supporting team of volunteers, including student volunteers. Essential leadership functions will include:
• Maintaining a ministry that reflects Biblical character
• Promoting the spiritual and professional development of each team member
• Creating strategic ministry plans and goals for each team member
• Providing effective feedback and continually communicating vision to the team
• Growing your ministry through the recruiting and development of staff & volunteer teams
Character & Chemistry
• A passion for reaching the lost
• Personal integrity in all areas of life
• Must be – or willing to become – a participating member of CCV
• Regularly attends worship services with their family
• Is an active participant in a neighborhood group, a transformation group and is a regular tither
• Passion for youth and enthusiastic about growing the spiritual maturity of our teens & coaches
• High Capacity – Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work through others to execute multiple projects concurrently.
• Communication Skills – excellent written and verbal, interpersonally as well as corporately.
• Leadership Skills – the ability to build an effective team, continually communicate vision and purpose effectively, the ability to steadfastly push self and others to produce results.
• Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations of our youth, their parents and the team members we work with daily.
• Interpersonal Skills – relates well to all kinds of people and builds effective relationships.
• Self-Development – Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
Education and Experience
• 3-5 years minimum experience leading a ministry of 200+ youth and/or 50+ volunteers
• Degree in Youth Ministry preferred, however we will consider training or proven experience in the field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Employees in this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services and may include visitors, patients, employees, or others.
CCV Leadership reserves the right to revise the position, its job functions, minimum qualifications and other aspects of the position in any way at any time.