This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor/ Worship/ Fine Arts
Covenant Community Church
Madisonville, Kentucky, United States
Date Posted: 06/13/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Church of God -- Cleveland
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
COVENANT COMMUNITY CHURCH
LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Associate Pastor/ Worship/ Fine Arts
Reports To: Senior Lead Pastor
Date Prepared/Revised: 4/1/2011
The Associate Pastor/Liaison to Worship/ Fine Arts is responsible for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive Music Ministry. The Minister of Worship is responsible for planning, conducting, and evaluating meaningful worship services in conjunction with the Media Ministry, Sanctuary Esthetics, Choir, Band, Drama Department, Seasonal Productions, Sound Booth, Lighting, and other appropriate Fine Arts.
Specific List of Responsibilities Music
• Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of each worship service.
• Coordinate the church Music Ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church.
• Work with the Music Ministry Team in determining music ministry goals, organization, leadership, facilities, finances, and administrative process.
• Be aware of weddings and funerals to be held in the church, be available for counsel and arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities in cooperation with appropriate individuals or groups.
• Direct music groups and congregational worship.
• Be responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the Music Ministry.
• Supervise the work of all music leaders in the Music Ministry, Media Department, and Fine Arts.
• Work in cooperation with the appropriate persons in selecting, enlisting, training, and counseling with song leaders, accompanists, and other musicians who serve in church program organizations.
• Coordinate the performance schedules of music groups and individuals in the functions of the church.
• Give direction to a Music Ministry plan of visitation and enlistment.
• Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment; provide music materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church’s program.
• Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotion and administration, utilizing them when appropriate.
Specific List of Responsibilities Worship
• Spend quality time with the Senior/Lead Pastor to learn his heart, passion and desired style of worship.
• Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of each worship service. This will consist of weekly meetings with the Senior/Lead Pastor to determine sermon topics and desired emphases.
• Meet weekly to plan choir music, praise songs, soloists, musical specials or guests, instrumental groups, orchestra involvement and other matters as considered appropriate.
• Prepare the Order of Service and meet with all individuals who will be involved in the service. A prepared order of service is to be completed for each service and a copy given to the Senior/Lead Pastor one hour before Service begins.
• Lead the church in all worship services and congregational singing unless delegated to another individual.
• Oversee the preparation of all PowerPoint/MediaShout presentation slides for introductions, praise songs, announcements, etc.
• Work closely with the Minister of Media regarding all audio and visual needs.
• Meet with the Director of Drama when drama presentations are being planned.
• Work with the Director of Facilities to ensure proper cleanliness and setup of the sanctuary and platform for each service.
• Oversee the planning and direction of seasonal productions and other special worship service events planned by the Senior/ Lead Pastor.
Specific List of Responsibilities Fine Arts
• Locate, train, equip all solos, special ensembles for the worship service.
• To locate, train, and equip those people with a heart for other Fine Art expressions of worship that may aid the worship service.
• Other general responsibilities:
a. Cooperate with the Senior/ Lead Pastor, Council of Elders and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of Covenant Community Church.
b. Recruiting and enlisting needed workers for all ministry areas.
c. Utilize the services of the secretarial and facilities staff, which are consistent with their Position Descriptions.
d. Supply articles on a periodical basis for use in Covenant Community Church publications relating to your responsible area of ministry.
e. Give full support to the Unified General Operating Budget of Covenant Community Church and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
f. Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Covenant Community Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
g. Conduct weddings and funerals for church members as needed.
h. Visit grieving members in the loss of a loved one.
i. Teach and preach as assigned.
• The Associate Pastor is responsible to assist the Senior/Lead Pastor with ministerial and support needs as they arise.
• Basic personal responsibilities:
a. Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
b. Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if married.
c. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
d. Financially support the work of ministries of Covenant Community Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior/Lead Pastor/Executive Minister