This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 06/13/2012
Categories: Campus Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Village Church’s mission is to see people transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus. In two and half short years we have grown from a church of 50 people to over 1200 people meeting in two locations. We are humbled and excited by the work we have seen God do over the past few years.
The Rosemary Heights campus pastor reports to the lead pastor and is responsible to lead, oversee and shepherd all people, leaders, and ministries of the RH campus. Spiritual oversight and development of all lay leaders and staff that serve at the respective campus.
• Fulfill the duties required of Village Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
• Fulfill the character qualifications of an Elder as taught in the Scriptures.
• Alignment with church leaders and passionate about casting vision and development of leaders.
• Proven track record in ministry and Biblical discipleship of others at an Elder level.
• Humble, desire to continually improve, and passion to build a world-class church and ministry operations.
• Commitment to serving Village Church and support the mission.
• Discretion, perseverance, patience and sense of humor; team spirit and genuine caring.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Strong gift of leadership and proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
• Love Jesus and has a desire to see lives and communities changed.
• Possess entrepreneurial spirit with a strong gifting in casting vision, training leaders and influencing the church.
• Successful at multi-tasking, time management, prioritizing and influencing a team.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues, maintain confidentiality and trust regarding church and member information.
• Ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with others in and outside the church.
• He will exhibit strong relational skills
• Team player and humble
• Missional and evangelistic
• Gifting: Leadership, Pastoral, and organization/Administration
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead Village Church (RH campus) to carry out the mission and vision of Village Church in the RHES community.
• Ensure fulfillment of Village Church four ministry priorities - Sunday services, community, and development of volunteers and leaders.
• Lead, develop and manage church staff and volunteers
• Create and cast vision in collaboration with the Village Church departments and central ministries to carry out the mission at RHES.
• Ensure the health of Village Church.
• Keep teams on mission for Jesus.
• Oversee budget and capital campaigns or fundraising
• Teaching – lots of opportunities to teach (6 or 7 Sunday mornings a year, membership classes, Community Groups, Leadership Bootcamps, etc.,)
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, plus Sunday responsibilities
Hours: 40 hours per week
Vacation: Three weeks floating vacation plus one week at Christmas
Benefits: Medical Services Plan, Dental, Extended Health, Life, Group RRSP