This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 06/13/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Village Church’s mission is to see people transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus. In two and half short years we have grown from a church of 50 people to over 1200 people meeting in two locations. We are humbled and excited by the work we have seen God do over the past few years. We need a pastor to lead and oversee the worship arts aspects of the church ensuring a synergy and consistency of Village DNA across both campuses, and to oversee staff and teams responsible for the communication/brand of Village Church.
The Worship Pastor reports to the lead pastor and is responsible for the development of all worship and creative arts teams within the church including each campus. He is responsible for training and shepherding bands and overseeing the worship portion of gatherings, including musical selection and arrangements. Additionally this position is responsible for the visual aspects of the church gathering and oversees the key components for the overall feel, and aesthetic – which includes collaborating with and overseeing the staff and teams responsible for media, production and communication. He is a student of culture, watching, keeping in tune with what connects with people musically, visually and socially.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee worship and creative arts for all weekend gatherings at all campuses including Village Kids worship.
• Schedule, plan, organize and lead worship experiences (75% of the time, usually at the Bell Centre campus).
• Build bands within each campus and train worship leaders to lead them.
• Work closely with pastoral team and other creative arts team members to develop and integrate various creative elements into a cohesive message/campaign that supports a sermon series or other vital areas/events of church life.
• Coordinate and oversee all technical areas of creative arts ministry including sound, lighting, and video.
• Recruit, train and encourage and ensure the spiritual care of all teams.
• Develop and disciple a team of Directors and Assistants to lead various aspects of creative ministries including audio, video, lighting, graphics – some staff, some volunteer.
• Conduct regular meetings and team training as needed
• Plan and budget for various ministries.
• Supervise maintenance and acquisition of music and A/V technology equipment.
• Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
• Continued development of gifts and skill as a musician and leader.
• Ensure communication and coordination between creative arts and technical ministries.
• Maximize use of Planning Center and The City and scheduling, communication and connection tools.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
• Pastoral heart
• Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
• Entrepreneurial aptitude.
• Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
• Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
• Gifted vocalist and musician - humble and Spirit-led
• Technology savvy – both in computer, media and AV
• General knowledge of running sound, stage/set design, lighting.
• Three years minimum experience as worship/creative pastor or leader
• Formal training in a creative program such as music is preferred – or equivalent experience.
• Fulfill the duties required of Village Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
• A fully supportive spouse (if married)
• Experienced and proficient in leading worship with a strong confident voice and stage presence.
• Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures.
• Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
• Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders.
• Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
• Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
• Committed to continued development
Please include link to audio or video sample of yourself
Schedule: Tuesday - Friday, plus Sunday responsibilities?
Hours: 40 hours per week?
Vacation: Starting at three weeks floating vacation plus one week at Christmas ?
Benefits: Medical Services Plan, Dental, Extended Health, Life, Group RRSP