This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Southern Pines, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 07/16/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Worship/Fine Arts Pastor
The Worship Pastor will have a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion and giftedness for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to engage and energize a diverse group of people to worship together for a growing 1200 member church expanding via multi-site campuses.
Worship Pastor should have a passion to lead and disciple the people in our worship ministry from vocalist, musicians to video and sound technicians. This position must also support the vision of the Senior Pastor with an obedient heart. Worship Pastor must be teachable, responsive and respectful of authority, other staff members, and team members.
Primary Responsibilities and Skill Sets
1. Managerial and organization skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
3. Research and submit budgets that consider future program enhancements.
4. Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer instrumentalist and vocalist for main campus and multi-site campuses.
5. Provide leadership development and discipleship of worship team members.
6. Prepare peripheral support for the worship such as lighting, video streaming, sound and media presentations and train volunteers in these areas.
7. Diagnose and solve audio and video system problems and provide recommendations or solutions to IT staff.
8. Superior troubleshooting and analytical skills.
9. Establish and maintain a preventive maintenance program for equipment and appropriate supplies.
10. Provide worship for 3 Sunday Morning services.
11. Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
12. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
13. Continued honing of musical proficiency.
14. Listens to and considers the ideas of team members.
15. Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at Grace Church.
Training and Experience:
Graduation from a four year college or university preferably in music and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through at least five years of experience.
• Leadership: Inspire, develop, and implement worship and technical team leaders and members for multi-site campuses. Share life together.
• Willingness to change styles of music to community or regional culture.
• Familiarization with standard operating procedures regarding a live production environment as both Worship Team members as well as Technical Team members look to this position for leadership.
• Knowledge of best practices in relation to Channel Gate, Compression, and EQ are imperative as well as experience with multiple digital platforms including Yamaha, Aviom, and PreSonus mixing consoles.
• A thorough understanding of digital and analog audio & video routing in a live and broadcasting environment is necessary to ensure a unified experience across multiple campus environments as well as our online audience.
• Experience with live as well as recorded video & lighting solutions with emphasis on audience experience.
• Experience with ProPresenter.
• Any graphic, video, or audio portfolio submissions will help with identifying the style of the applicant as this position's ability to connect with audience is critical.
How to Apply: Submit your resume; please include a video or YouTube link of your work