IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR!
Impact Community Church is a church for the young and young-at-heart and we’re looking for the best fit possible to join our team! Do you like to work on a staff that doesn't take themselves too seriously? Do you like to dress casually… at work AND at church?
Are you tired of clichés and the same old routine? Do you think the words Singspiration and Cantata should be removed from the English language? Keep reading…
A Little History:
Impact is a 12 year old church plant of STADIA: New Church Strategies (www.stadia.cc) planted in March of 2000.
Our Senior Pastor, previously known as DJ Scary Barry, is a former youth guy from the Midwest who planted a non-denominational Christian Church that has become a body of REAL people, RELEVANT in their approach, RADICAL in their faith, and RELATIONAL in their
philosophy! We teach the word with PASSION. In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is out on the edge! It all started with 6 people in a living room and we now minister to about 875 in one of our four weekend services.
Our pastoral staff is made up of talented, committed, and unified people who are dedicated to doing whatever it takes, short of sin, to reach the lost and build His church. We have a Worship Pastor with long, multi-colored hair, who is working on recording
a CD; a Development Pastor who is also a former youth guy and hard-working dairy farmer; an Executive Pastor who is a recovering attorney and also worked for Disney; and a whole bunch of other unique and gifted characters (pun intended on the Disney thing).
Do you want to mix it up with this bunch?
Our Vision & Mission are: Changed Lives by reaching UP, IN & OUT.
(UP to God; IN to body; OUT to lost)
Our website is www.impactcommunity.com.
We’re looking for a person who:
1. Loves Jesus, is devoted to the scriptures, and lives every moment in connection to the Holy Spirit.
2. Goes wide-open all the time and considers big goals a welcome challenge and obstacles an opportunity (We’ll remind you when you need to take a day off.).
3. Always speaks the truth in love from a humble heart and builds healthy relationships at work and home.
4. Leads with passion and a strategic plan building a strong team while also contributing to our church-wide team.
5. Thinks out-of-the-box and is willing to take big risks without losing sight of the most important outcome – changed lives.
6. Flies high but keeps their feet on the ground and is connected to the daily details of a smoothly running ministry.
7. Inspires large groups of students (and young adults) by presenting Biblical truth in radical and relevant ways.
8. Uses and manages technology to expand ministry.
9. Has been there and done that for at least 3-5 years with a track record of growth in numbers and, most importantly, changed lives.
10. Has a bachelors degree or more, but don’t be discouraged if you lack a degree (Your experience is more important than your education.).
What we offer:
Besides a compelling & clear church-wide vision, here are a few details to get your juices going. We’re located in beautiful Elk Grove/Laguna/Sacramento, California – where the weather is awesome and there’s little to no humidity!
We have a youth room with sound, lights, and ready for ministry. We have a devoted group of adult volunteer servants who love our Jr & Sr High and college-age students. And we’ve got a church that loves and supports student ministries.
In addition, Elk Grove Unified School system is fast growing. There are 39 elementary schools, 9 middle schools and 9 major high schools (one right next to the church) with several continuing education schools for a total of 61,500 students, which is more than
the entire population of Elk Grove when the church started 12 years ago) http://www.egusd.net/ has more information. The potential is huge and the conditions are perfect for the right guy to reach these students.
Are you our next Student Ministries Pastor? If you’re sensing your heart racing and feeling the call, check out www.impactcommunity.com and then send us your resume with a PERSONAL email outlining why you feel led to apply. Please, only serious inquiries that
fit our requests (or at least very close).
We can then take the next step! God has His hand on this church. We need a driven team-player with a servant’s heart to help us accomplish His vision. Email email@example.com today so we can get the ball rolling!