This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Heritage Church
La Quinta, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/12/2012
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
ABOUT OUR CHURCH AND MINISTRY PHILOSOPHY
Located in the beautiful Southern California desert, surrounded by communities such as Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage and Indio, Family Heritage Church is a multi-generational, Bible believing, Elder led church. Our senior pastor of 11 years has recently retired, and it is the church's desire that this would be the last time we hire a pastor from outside our congregation. As such, we are seeking a man committed to shepherding and developing our staff, elders, and lay people, specifically those who have giftings and desires for full time ministry.
• Evidences the qualities of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• Has prior experience on a multi-pastoral staff with a proven track record of discipling leaders.
• Possesses a Masters of Divinity from a recognized evangelical, conservative seminary
• Holds theological beliefs consistent with Family Heritage Church's Statement of Faith. Full Statement of Faith can be found on the website
• 5 years of experience leading a pastoral staff as a senior or executive pastor.
• 10-15 years experience as a senior pastor with a pastoral staff
• Familiar and comfortable with the Southern California's lifestyle
The Senior Pastor will serve with the Board of Elders to oversee the life, vision, and leadership of the church. He will work effectively with our current pastoral staff (an Associate and a Family pastor), providing leadership, encouragement and direction. He will be the primary preacher for our Sunday morning service offering dynamic, expository messages that elevate God's Word; will interact with the congregation in a personal manner; and will teach, train and equip the church body for ministry using the Bible as the ultimate authority, leading by example through Biblical servanthood.
• Maintains Biblical priorities, balancing family and ministry
• Has a wife fully committed to her husband's ministry, who desires to be an active participant in the church
• Seeks and maintains a personal and ministry accountability strategy which demonstrates a desire to be open and teachable
• Communicates effectively with people of all ages and walks of life
• Lives a personal and family lifestyle based on prayer, biblical truth, personal spiritual development, authenticity, and servant leadership
• Comfortable with all types of schooling (public, private and homeschool)
DISTINCTIONS OF FAMILY HERITAGE CHURCH
• Prayer – a commitment to public prayer as part of our church services and praying for one another
• Family – family oriented, quality children's programs including AWANA through High School
• Ministry and Service – high percentage of members involved in service
• Multigenerational – all age groups are part of the worship experience.
• Small Groups – the heart of equipping our congregation.
• Missions – strong commitment to missions both local and abroad; above and beyond financial support
Qualified Applicants, please email or mail your resume with references to email@example.com or 78998 Miles Avenue, La Quinta, California 92253.
Please do not call church office with questions. All questions should be made by email and will be answered as soon as possible. The Pastor Search Team consists of lay persons who are working through a selection process that takes time and prayer--please be patient. We are in the initial review phase and intend to leave this call open until filled. All pastor candidates will be notified if and when they are not selected for further consideration. Some candidates may be contacted to answer additional questions concerning their background and qualifications.