This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School / High School Pastor
Georgetown, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Middle School / High School Pastor of Celebration Church is to help connect students to their destiny, by providing leadership and oversight within those departments and ministries that directly connect people with our church and its services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and develop sermons and message series to communicate God’s heart to our students
• Manage and direct staff through planning and executing every aspect of weekly services. (Including creative elements such as video and graphics, room & stage preparation, sound & lighting, etc.)
• Oversee volunteer teams for greeting, prayer, and hospitality
• Use information from connection cards to pinpoint ministry and prayer needs
• Follow-up ministry and prayer needs with one-on-one meetings with students and/or parents
• Work with Small Groups Pastor to communicate vision and purpose for a small group system within both middle and high school student ministry.
• Attract and train leaders who have a heart for students and a desire to lead a small group
• Work with leaders to develop curriculum and flow for their small group
• Assist leaders with a time and place that their small group will meet
• Create, plan, promote, and execute Rally Day so that small groups will have the best opportunity to attract students
• Coordinate with small group section leaders to keep up communication throughout the semester
• Provide ongoing leadership training for small group leaders
• Attract adult and students who are members of Celebration Church to be a part of our team.
• Oversee staff to ensure all who express an interest in serving are contacted.
• Provide orientations so that interested members have a door into leadership.
• Meet with applicants one on one and make sure they are plugged into the area of their gifting
• Maintain communication and relationship with leaders
Events / Camps
• Create, plan, promote, and execute yearly retreats and multiple events
• Administrate all aspects of the retreat/events (including production cost, location, transportation, food, lodging, t-shirts, etc)
• Make sure each retreat/event remains in budget
Outreach / Missions
• Work with neighboring middle and high schools to coordinate outreach events, social gatherings, and bible clubs.
• Seek out chaplaincy opportunities for middle/high school sports teams.
• Share vision and attract students to be a part of mission opportunities
Skills & Attributes
• Passionate Spirituality
• Love for People
• Extensive experience working with middle school & high school students
• Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Biblical Studies or Youth Ministry/Development