This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 09/08/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Church is a contemporary church located in Southern Overland Park, a suburb of the Kansas City metro area. We exist to love Jesus more today than yesterday, love others the way He does, learn more about God and His Word each day, and lead others along this same road. This is our mission "to love, to learn, to lead". In an effort to connect our church family to this mission, we consistently strive to see everyone at Grace grow to love Christ and find a friend to love at Grace, find a place to learn about God and His Word, and find a place to lead, either in a ministry within Grace, or in an outreach outside the walls of Grace.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Pastor who will be responsible for leading our growing ministry for children (approximately 450 +) from birth through 5th grade. We are seeking a high energy leader that is relational, encouraging and highly organized to provide leadership and vision for the Children’s Ministry of Grace Church. Position requires strong leadership abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to cast vision effectively.
• Be available to teach consistently
• Lead projects, as assigned, to successful completion
• Support, resource and lead the children’s ministry leadership team, consisting of both paid and volunteer staff
• Encourage, Resource and Equip Volunteers
• Ensure that communication to volunteers and parents is occurring and effective
• Conduct volunteer development meetings and attend training together as a Children’s Ministry Staff
• Meet regularly with Children Ministry leadership team to develop, encourage and assess needs
• Develop annual Ministry Plan and Budget, and oversee budgets of each ministry area
• Oversee policies and practices that ensure the safety of children in our ministry
• Develop and lead outreach events specifically intended to draw children to Jesus Christ
• Cast consistent vision for a vibrant and growing Children’s Ministry
• Consistently develop, monitor and maintain a high quality, dynamic, fun, Christ-glorifying and Bible-centered Children’s Ministry
• Recruit, train, evaluate, and recognize all paid and volunteer Children’s Ministry Team members
• Coordinate with the Student Ministry Pastor to ensure seamless transition of children from Children’s Ministry to Student Ministry
• Develop and implement children and family-focused outreach initiatives
• Approve all children's ministry programs, curriculums, activities and disbursement of funds for supplies and projects
• Help develop the Grace@Home Ministry
• Partner with, resource and support parents to produce children who are authentic Disciples of Christ
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 5 years Ministry experience as a Children’s Pastor or Director of a dynamic church of 1,000+
• Effective leadership of volunteer and staff ministry teams
• Successful in managing projects to completion
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to cast vision effectively
• Passionate ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of Grace Church.
• Accept and agree with Grace Statement of Faith and member overview.
• Accept, support, and comply with Grace Church doctrine in fulfilling your job duties
• Live a life consistent with Biblical principles and moral standards
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Careers@Graceks.org