This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Beulah Alliance Church
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 07/11/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Beulah Alliance Church invites applications for the permanent, full-time position of Youth Pastor (grade 7 -12).
This position is responsible to ministering to the congregation through developing and leading a team of adults and youth who create environments where the Holy Spirit can impact the lives of junior and senior high students.
Beulah has a heritage of evangelistic outreach, innovative approaches to ministry and growth that spans over a 90 year history. Our desire is to be a reproducing church that creates multi-site venues throughout the city. The average weekend attendance is over 2000 and continues to grow. Beulah’s mission is to reach, teach and equip people to know, love and serve Jesus Christ. This is pursued through our lifemarks of Connecting With God, Growing Through Community and Serving Our World. For more information please visit our website at www.beulah.ca.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to/for:
- Work cooperatively with the student ministry to effectively develop and implement ministry plans that minister, teach and provide care to our congregation.
- Plan and model leadership of youth initiatives as required
- Develop and mentor leaders of the west campus and other front door events
- Prepare and present effective preaching series at Resonate and Activate
- Provide pastoral care for leaders, youth and parents of youth when necessary
- As a spiritual leader responsible to minister to the congregation by:
o Performing weddings, baptisms and funerals as required
o Administering sacraments as necessary
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Highly relational and able to coach staff in an Eph. 4:12 ministry environment
- As a member of clergy must be fully licensed/accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada
- Proven track record of recruiting, equipping and mobilizing volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to use standard computer office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a large, multi-staff setting
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement projects
- 5 years experience in ministry
- Graduate from a Christian College with a degree or diploma
- A passion for seeing youth know, love and serve Christ
- Primary spiritual gifts: leadership, teaching, shepherding
- Experience with small groups, and effectively teaching a large group of students
- An understanding of postmodern culture
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.