Beulah Alliance Church invites applications for the permanent, full-time position of Communications Manager.
This position is responsible to provide leadership team development, oversight and execution of all aspects of Beulah’s
Communications and Marketing.
Beulah has a heritage of evangelistic outreach, innovative approaches to ministry and growth that spans over a 90 year history. Our desire is to be a reproducing church that creates multi-site venues throughout the city. The average weekend attendance is over 2000 and continues to grow. Beulah’s mission is to reach, teach and equip people to know, love and serve Jesus Christ. This is pursued through our lifemarks of Connecting With God, Growing Through Community and Serving Our World. For more information please visit our website at www.beulah.ca.
The Communications Manager is responsible to/for:
• Manage all aspects of BAC related websites
• Content Management – timely, current, and appropriate to BAC
• Efficient and effective functionality
• Artistic and creative excellence
• Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of all websites
• May work with web development companies
• May create and develop sites internally
• Proactively work to make sure BAC maintains and effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
• Assist Sr. Pastor in blog sites and other web related issues as deemed necessary.
• Develop system to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items related to BAC.
• Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns assigned.
• Oversee all written materials related to promotions
• May require writing or securing writers
• Editing and proof-reading for accuracy and appropriateness
• Create social media presence for BAC including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
• Manage on going social media messaging and communication strategies.
• Creatively build followings on various social media outlets
• Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
• Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
• Work closely with BAC video team to produce creative and effective promotional videos: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
• Strategize creative tactics to use video to promote and send the message BAC may want to communicate to the church and to the world.
• Work in tandem with worship arts team to create consistency in messaging from the front door to the back door.
• Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages with the worship audience
• Join brainstorm and creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
• Monitor the look, vibe, feel of all promotional materials representing BAC.
• Police the use of logos and images that represent BAC
• Create policies and procedures related to the branding of WRC and related entities.
• Create positive relationships with local and national media.
• Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
• Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
• Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals.
• Recruit, train, and care for volunteer such as artists, designers, photographers, writers
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Above average technological awareness and familiarity with current design and communication tools. (This may include QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc).
- Experience with proof reading, editing and copy creation.
- Highly creative and maintains a positive and optimistic attitude.
- Training and proficiency in publishing and graphic design software .
- An understanding of print and page layout and web communication.
- Sell starter with the ability to focus and specialize on specific tasks.
- Proven track record of managing and directing both volunteer and paid staff.
- 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Graduate from post-secondary institution with an arts diploma or degree in related field.
- Tuned into cultural trends.
- Owns an iPhone (counseling provided for Android users… not really :) )
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Graphic Design and Marketing CoordinatorPreston Hollow Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- December 1
Director of CommunicationsWalnut Street UMC
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- December 1
Graphic DesignerGrace Christian Center
- Killeen, Texas
- November 29
Executive Pastor Creative Arts and ConnectionsMedford First Church of the Nazarene
- Medford, Oregon
- November 29
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29
Beulah Alliance Church
Beulah is a large vibrant (3000+), multisite, multicultural, church located in Edmonton, Alberta. We have a heritage of innovative approaches to evangelism, discipleship and church multiplication that spans a 95 year history. We have a vision to impact 1% of Edmonton for Christ. Our desire is to be a reproducing church that creates multiple venues and church plants across the city. (For more church information please visit www.beulah.ca.)