This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Good Shepherd Church
Rutherford, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 06/07/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Church Staff
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
This role consists of performing administrative duties and other functions that help streamline the daily business operations of The Good Shepherd Church. It requires working directly with the Operations Director and doing some minimal assisting to the Senior Pastors. This role also offers the potential to grow into ministry roles as its fit to the applicant’s specific calling and gifting, such as: Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Counseling, Discipleship, etc. It is a fast-paced office environment.
Some of the office responsibilities are:
• Administration of church office
• Keeping inventory of church supplies & equipment
• Assimilation of new guests/members of church
• Sending communication to guests/members
• Assisting in Event Planning
• Prep work for Sunday morning, such as: printing bulletins, runsheets, etc.
• Maintaining GSC Database
• Weekly errands outside the office
• Maintaining website current
• Updating Social Media: twitter & facebook
• Employee is required to be at The Good Shepherd Church on Sunday mornings.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Health Benefits
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, and Sick time)
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS)
• Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
• Strong written communication
• Excellent organization skills
• Good oral communication
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Some working experience, either through previous employment or as part of academic history desired